The Date

"Aww...that is so cute Ryan. I never knew this could be your idea of a perfect date." I said trying to pinch his cheek like he's a 12year old.

"Ouch Twila. I'm not a kid. " I couldn't control myself from laughing at his innocent face. "And what really did you think of me?"

"I mean, you guys may act tough and all, but at the end, you do have a soft corner. I like your idea of picnic."

I really liked the fact that instead of going out to a expensive fancy restaurant full with people, Ryan brought me to an unknown place, where nature was at its best and there was just the two of us. I was lost yet mesmerized by the beauty of the place. Though it was a sunny day and the sun was shining brightly, but the cold, soft breeze blowing out there was enough to send chills down my body. The wind whispers in my ear as it plays with my hair, as if it is telling me it's deepest, darkest secrets. There were flowers, many kinds, white, yellow, purple, and blue; and a beautiful waterfall. It was peaceful. The beauty of it was somehow beyond description.

Just then when I turned around to tell Ryan about how I loved the place, I saw he wasn't there. My heartbeat started racing about thinking that he left me here. Alone.

"Ryan, Ryan..." I started screaming out his name at the same time running.

That's when I saw his car and then...him. He was taking out the picnic basket out of the car trunk and when he saw me, he came running towards me.

"Hey, what happened?" He cupped my face and asked softly. "Thought I'd leave you?"

"Yeah." I admitted shyly.

"Never. I would never leave a girl like you, Twila Baker." He said, his intense eyes full of honestly that were now looking directly into mine.

"Sorry, I shouldn't have thought of you like that." I said. I felt guilty and horrible.

"I told you that I was going to get the picnic basket out of my car trunk, but guess someone was busy adoring the place, that she didn't hear me." He said while pointing towards the basket which was full with chips, sandwiches, cookies, drinks and many more.

"Yeah, about that, I love the place. How did you discover it, Ryan?"

He looked into me, forcing a weak smile. "Remember I told you that I try to stay away from home as long as possible, trying to distance myself from everyone and everything? Well, most of the times I just hang around in parties. But there are also times when there isn't any. Then I'd just wander around. And in one such night, I found this place and I liked it. Away from the city, the place has no noise, just the sound of the water falling from the waterfall. I love the birds singing and enjoy the peace and tranquility. No people, just me ....and that's when I started coming over here more often."

I was patiently listening to him.. He must've been through so much. No one but he could only understand his pain.

"Hey now, I don't wanna destroy the mood talking about that shit. I'm more than happy when I'm around you. And did I tell you that you look great today!" I couldn't help but blush at his words.

I was wearing a blue dress with beautiful floral prints on it. It was simple yet elegant. After negotiating a lot with Ali on what to wear, we both finally came to a mutual decision:this blue dress. And for the hair, I decided to let it loose and let my blond locks flow.

 And for the hair, I decided to let it loose and let my blond locks flow

"Well, Thanks. I too am happy when I'm with you Ryan."I said while he gave me a quick peck on my lips.

"Okay Twila, so are you ready for the date?"

"I sure am!"

We sat on the cute comforter that was placed in the ground, talked, laughed and ate. Ryan even played some beautiful songs on his guiter. After that, we just stayed laying there for sometime, without saying anything, just enduring the clear sky above us. The silence was not awkward, it was sweet.

He entwined our fingers and lay his head on my lap. And I gently stroked his hair. I just want to freeze this moment and have the pleasure of him by my side of every day.

It was then time for sunset, we both watched the sky as it now changed from yellows and oranges to pinks and purples transitioning from day to night. I lean back and stare at the sky, noticing the different hues.

After a couple of minutes, it was time to leave as it was getting dark. After gathering all of the stuffs, we started walking towards the car. Finally when we reached the car, I took in one last glance of what was one of the best days in my life.

"Ryan, thank you showing me this place and for making our first date, such a memorable one. I love you." I said, once we got in the car.

"I love you too, Twila."