Chapter 25

Ryan's POV
*flashback*
*Training - sweat -exercise- rest -and then some more training and lots of sweat.*

That's what today's day was all about. Our coach, is a funny person to be around but would become super serious whenever there's a competition around. And tomorrow's game was another one. Maybe that's the reason our school has remained undefeated in the last 10 years. He was so determined to win that he cancelled all our classes today and made us practice all day.

By the time our practice ended, it was pretty late and I was totally busted. I decided to shower once I reach home. So I just grabbed my bag and went towards my car, in all that sweaty jersey of our team.I was too tired to walk. It literally was like I was dragging my feet.

As I reached the driveway, got out from the car and made way towards the house, I was hit by a delicious aroma of cookie coming from the house across. God!! I'm so hungry right now.

And before I knew anything else, I was standing right there knocking on their door. After a few knocks finally the door opened, and there she was, completely lost inside her thoughts again.

"Are you gonna stare me like this or are you gonna ask me in? Am really tired."

*end of flashback *
Twila's POV

I softly knocked on the door before turning the doorknob to enter into my room. "Ryan, I hope you are done, I'm coming in." I said and with that I entered into my room.

I stopped in my tracks when I saw him standing by my bed, shirtless, his black hair wet from the shower yet he managed to look so effortlessly handsome. When our eyes met, he threw me his usual smirk, and started approaching towards me, while never breaking the eye contact. He stopped when we were inches apart. My heart pounding and my skin felt like it was on fire, due to the intensity of our closeness. While tucking a small strand of hair behind my ear, he whispered, "I know I'm sexy, but hey, stop staring at me like that."

I playfully smacked him at his shoulder, and quickly moved away from him, while he couldn't stop laughing. "You should have seen your face", he said between his laughs.

"Shut up. That wasn't funny at all, such a narcissist you are!" I said crossing my arms. "Anyways, I bought this lime juice for you, will help you to freshen up." I said handing him the glass of lime juice I bought for him.

"Thanks." He replied, and gulped it down within seconds, then took a seat next to me on my bed. He then took out his phone from his pocket and started scrolling through it.

"Umm.. Ryan I have something to ask." I started the conversation while gathering my confidence.

"Yeah go on." He replied without looking away from his phone.

"Okay here it goes. You confuse me so much. Remember that incident about the rumours, when I came to clarify to you, you just shut me down. And at the other instant, you were sneaking through my window again."

He felt silent for a moment. His gaze fell.

"Listen,Twila I'm really sorry for whatever happened at the parking lot. It's just that I trusted you to be not like other girls, and when I heard that rumour, I felt betrayed. And I didn't want to hear anything. I was so angry and pissed off."

There was a pause before he started speaking again.

"But in the following days, my anger eased and I thought that you'd never do that. My belief became sure when I overheard Jenison and Jacob talking about how innocent you were."

Those eyes again lifted to meet mine."I'm really sorry Twila."

"It's okay. I'm just glad that you at least had that faith in me."

"One more thing Ryan. How is Summer? Haven't seen her for a long time in school."

"She's...ahhh...she's in the mental asylum. Her mental health deteriorated after you know, the whole thing."

He gave me again one of those small smile of his and pulled me in a quick hug. "Thanks Twila."

Now his bare chest was making contact with my skin. I could feel my skin burning.

He then quickly released me from the hug and said excitedly, "I want to know you."

At this point I got real confused, "Sorry, what?"

"I mean it's always me who keeps blabbering, but now I want to know you. Tell me about you. Your likes, dislikes, everything." He explained.

"Okay, what do you want to know?" I asked.

"Hmm...so when's your birthday?"

"October 24th, when's yours?"

"January 5th." He mumbles.

I laugh at him, "I'm older than you."

"Yeah yeah whatever." He said with an eye roll, yet he looked so adorable.

With a mischievous grin oh his face he said, "Tell me random facts about you."

"But you have to tell me too."

"Fine."

"Okay so umm...my favourite colour is yellow because it's umm..associated with happiness, positivity, hope and sunshine. What's yours?"

"Dark Blue, you know growing up as a child, I always admired the sky and the stars so yeah...Also it's a colour of calmness." He explained with a smile on his face.

"I like baking and dancing in the rain. Also I love Indian cuisines."

Just as I finished talking I heard the door open, "Hey you guys what's taking you so lo-"
"Wait. What is happening here?"

"There's nothing going on here Ali. We were just getting to know each other better."

"Okay, if you say so. Hey Ryan, c'mon I've set it up all. We're ready for a night out."

"Yeah Ali, about that. Listen, I'm really sorry but I have this game tomorrow and I think I need to get some sleep for that. But I promise you someday we'll definitely binge watch all day and annoy Twila together." And then they did a fist bump, smiling at me. Let me be clear. Smiling evilly at me,

"Hey, what do you mean?" I said with both my hands on my hips.

"Haha. Nothing. BTW, you guys are coming to cheer me up to the game tomorrow, right?"

Ali and I both exchanged looks. We've never been to any game. Cause you know, we have no reason to. I was fighting with my brain for answers when suddenly Ali popped in.

"Actually we've never been to any game before but we'd love to come cheer you up."

"What? You've never been to a single game. That's pretty.....umm I don't know what to say. But I'll look out for you guys there. See ya."

"Ya sure."

That perfect smile appeared on his face as he headed towards the door to leave. Thank God, he has put on his shirt.

But I was still not sure about going to the game. Let's see what tomorrow holds for me.