Chapter 1

(TW) mentions abuse, alcohol (George POV.)

I woke up woke up to my alarm going off on my phone. Ugh. I look at the the clock. 6:00 am it read. Time to get up for school, I sighed. I quickly but quietly got dressed, careful not to wake up my abusive dad or my younger sister.

My mom left when I was younger, leaving me with my dad. I hadn't heard from her since. I don't mind as much now but it hurt when she left.

My dad was a drunk and he often abused me over little things, such as him getting mad when I don't buy him beer.

I was pretty used to it as long as he didn't hurt my sister, who is two years younger than me. I was seventeen, turning eighteen in a few months. Then I could move out and take Katie sister with me.

After I left I got in my car and drove to school. I parked my car by my friends car Clay. Clay is my best friend, but I also had feelings for him. I was able to shut them up tho. I didn't think Clay was bisexual like I am, but I haven't come out yet to my friends.

After sighing I got out of my car and walked across the parking lot to the cafeteria where my friends sat. I saw Karl, Clay, Nick, Tommy, Toby, Darryl, Zak, and Alex. Tommy and Toby were a year younger then the rest of us. We all met playing Minecraft.
As I approached the table I saw Clay turn and smile at me.

"Hey George!" He said walking over to me and bumping shoulders.

"Hey Clay." I said smiling like I always did around Clay. "What are you guys talking about?" I asked.

"Nick is hosting a party at his house tonight, we're all going. Your coming, right? " he asked hopefully.

"Uhh..." my voice trailed off. Parties weren't really my thing.

"Come on George, it'll be fun! Please?" I sighed. The things I would do for Clay.

"Okay, sure but I'm not drinking." Clays face lit up.

"Yay! If you don't drink then I won't either," He smiled. "Thanks for agreeing to come!"

"Yeah no problem" I smiled again, walking to the rest of the group.

"Hey George!" Nick smiled along with Karl and Alex. "Your coming tonight right?"

"Hey guys, and yeah I am." I smiled.

"Sweet!" Nick exclaimed. I noticed Karl blush behind him when Nick got up and got some ideas. I went over by where Darryl and Zak were sitting to say hi.

"Hey guys!" I smiled. Darryl jumped and hit Zak in the side.

"George you muffin head," Darryl groaned in pain. Zak was doubled over with laughter. I couldn't help but chuckle.

"Did I scare you?" I giggled.

"Hey, George" Zak rolled his eyes and smiled. I leaned across the table where Toby and Tommy sat with Alex, watching a Minecraft video on Tommy's phone. They all laughed.

"Hey guys" I laugh. They turn around and Tommy says "what the fuck is up man!" I laugh again.

Tommy may be young but he has a major cursing problem.

I walk back over to go sit with Clay, Nick and Karl.

"What's up George? You look like you have something on your mind." he says, bumping my shoulder. He was always so good at telling when I was troubled.

"It's nothing" I muster up, giving a weak smile. Nobody could know my biggest secret. I've been careful to not let anything slip for years.

"Okay I guess." Clays brow furrowed but he let it drop. Karl was leaning against Nicks side cutely. Nick blushed and slightly shakes Karl awake.

"Hey, we gotta get to class" he says softly.

Karl jumped up and blushed again, realizing he was sleeping on Nick.

"Oh.. yeah, l-let's get to class" he said hurriedly and looked down at his feet. He quickly walked away, making me and Clay giggle.

Nick ran and caught up to him. Everyone else had scattered from the table so it was just me and Clay walking to our classes.

"You seem... off. Are you sure your okay? You can talk to me about anything you know." He offered. I can't tho. Not this I thought

"N-no I'm fine really.. just tired maybe." He seemed to buy the lie I told him.

"Okay, if you say so. I'll talk to you at lunch" he smiled, giving me a hug. Huh. He's never done that before. Weird.

I brushed it off as a friendly gesture and went to my first class, which was math. I'm pretty good at math so it seemed to fly by easily.

But on my way to my second class, which I have with Nick, but this kid Techno shoved me into the wall. Nobody knows his actual name, just his nickname. He thinks he rules the school because his family is rich. He's always picking on me tho.

I hate it but that makes him want to bully me more.
I don't let any of my friends know he picks on me, it's embarrassing that I can't stand up for myself to students or my dad.

"Pathetic" Techno laughs as he grabs a fistful of my hoodie and punches me in my eye. I stumble backwards and hit the wall. Unfortunately Nick was walking down the hall with Clay when this happened. Just my luck the one time he does this is when my two best friends see it.

They saw me fall against the wall and rush over as Techno walks away laughing. I see Nick follow Techno and push him from behind.

"Nick!" I yell. "Don't.." I let my head fall back against the wall.

"George, George are you okay?" Clay asks, his lime green eyes full of concern. He tilts my head up so I can see his tall figure kneeling in front of me.

"Yeah I'm f-fine" I mumble embarrassed. I shove off the wall and quickly walk away to the bathroom where Clay follows me.

His tall figure looms over my small figure. He backs me up against the wall and says

"Look George. Why are you acting like your scared of me? Did I do something?" A hurt look flashed in his eyes.

"No Clay you didn't do anything.. I'm sorry.. the last couple of days have been... off for me. I don't want to talk about it." I mumble. I try to slide out from his grasp on the wall but he doesn't let me leave. He brings his face closer to mine, so close I can feel his breath on my face. I playfully push his chest to get out of there.

"I have to go to my next class, the bell is about to ring. I'll see you later, okay?" He sighs.

"Just be safe" he tells me as he lets me free.
"I'll try" I chuckle, wondering why he was so protective of me.

I walk in the opposite direction of him out to my car. No more class today for me, but he doesn't need to know that. I'll see him at the party tonight, I think as I smile to myself.
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
Authors note: hey guys! This is my first story I've ever written on wattpad, I hope it turns out good!