Chapter 28

Clay POV.

I wake up the next morning, ready to call it off. I don't want to leave George. He's sleeping in my arms, so I decide to wake him up to say goodbye.

"George... baby." I slightly shake his shoulders, his back to me.

"Oh... is it morning already..." he mutters, a sad glint in his eye. I sigh, feeling sorry.

"Yeah.." I sigh again. I place a kiss to his forehead, love flowing from each touch.

He curls towards me, his face in my chest.

"Come on.. I have to get on the road." I start to get up, my arm still around him. He gets up with me, pulling on a shirt. I come up from behind him, hugging his shoulders to my chest.

"Okay." He says quietly as I feel a tear drip onto my hand.

"Babe." I sigh. I turn him around to face me as I kiss his soft, sweet lips. His hands rake through my hair gently, taking shaky breaths as he kisses me back.

"It'll be okay. Let's finish getting ready." He says quietly. I sigh again, pressing my lips gently to his forehead. He leans into my chest, I feel tears drip down his soft face.

"I'm h-happy for you.. I-I am b-but I'll miss y-you." He sobs, his small body shaking. I feel like crying too.

"I know, baby. I know." I say softly, rocking him back and fourth gently. "Don't cry, everything will be okay." I whisper quietly. He nods shakily into my chest.

"Okay." He sniffs and looks me in the eyes. "Let's finish getting you ready." He smiles slightly, but his eyes don't reach his smile.

I pick up my hoodie and slip it over his head.

"Wear this. It'll make you miss me less." I wink, trying to lighten the mood, getting a small laugh from George. I give him a small smile, seeing how cute he looks in my hoodie.

"Okay, but time to get you dressed if you want to get there at a decent time." The slight snarky remark brings a smile to my face.

"Okay love." I say with a grin as I pull on a shirt. I step out of my pants, letting them fall to the floor, I see George's blushing face, his eyes on me. I steadily walk over to him, close enough to touch him but I leave a tiny gap. He mutters something under his breath and turns away, his face bright red. I laugh as I back up.

"Stupid." He mumbles quietly, so quiet I almost miss it. I grin.

"Your turn." I give him a mocking smile, motioning for him to take his pants off playfully. He faked his annoyance as his pants fall to the floor. I feel my breath catch, even tho he's wearing my hoodie so I can't see much. I smirk. He rolls his eyes in a fake annoyed manner.

"Cone on." He pauses, sighing. "No more messing around." I sigh, my arms wrapped around him. I loosen my grip slightly. He sighs again, untangling himself from my grip.

We continue packing the rest of my things as we get ready. Soon it was time for me to leave.

I feel my breath shake as I start walking downstairs down the stairs. Karl and Nick were in the kitchen making food.

"Hey, Clay and George." Karl gives a slightly sad smile, Nick taking his hand.

"You guys ready?" Nick asks, setting plates of breakfast down for me and George as we sit.

"Damn, this smells good." George says matter-of-factly, taking a big bite. "Thanks."

I laugh, taking a bite of mine too. It is good.

"Wow, thanks Nick." I exclaim, my mouth full. "This is really good." I take another bite of my omelet.

Little conversation happens as we eat together. Soon it was time for me to leave.

"We'll call and text every day, okay baby?" I tell George as I wait by the front door. His face tears up again as I look down into his beautiful brown eyes.

"O-okay." He whispers, tears dripping onto the floor.  I reach up and wipe his cheeks gently with the back of my hand, placing a delicate kiss on his forehead.

"We'll be okay." I press my forehead to his, letting him lean against me.

"We will. I love you." He looks at me again, his eyes shiny with tears.

"I love you too." I kiss him one final time, his hands in my hair, my hands around his waist.

Then I walk out the door and shut it behind me.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
Hey guys! How'd you like this chapter? Ik it's short, because some crazy stuff happens in the next week or two hehe
Love you guys! Tysm for all the reads!

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~Hey guys! How'd you like this chapter? Ik it's short, because some crazy stuff happens in the next week or two heheLove you guys! Tysm for all the reads!