Chapter 39

Clay POV.

"Hey George.. did I ever tell you that I've actually kissed you before we got together?" I ask, a smile coming to my face at the memory. I feel his breathing still in my arms.

"Wait.. what?" He asks, attempting to hide the shock in his voice. I laugh, rubbing his thigh.

"Yeah. Remember that night we were studying at my house?" I ask. His face goes slack.

"You kissed me there? When?" He says, his mouth open.

"You fell asleep really late, so I let you stay over.. you were sleeping as soon as your head hit the pillow. So I kissed you. I thought you looked adorable. You were wearing my clothes." I blush. He laughs, and I press my lips to his neck, leaving a small red mark as I pull away. I smirk.

"I.. what?" He says, his voice slightly breathless. "Wait why are you looking at my neck? And what?" He sputters. I laugh.

"You.. you have.. a hickey." I say through my laughs. His eyes get wide as he rocket shoots out of bed, rushing to the bathroom. I laugh harder, cradling my stomach. I soon follow him to the bathroom, and when I get there he's just staring in the mirror at the red mark.

"Oh my god. Clay! We have school tomorrow! How am I supposed to hide this?" He says in a rush. I come up behind him, resting my hands on his shoulders. I lean close to the sensitive spot behind his ear, and his eyes focus on mine as I stare at his.

"What if you... don't?" I say, keeping my voice low. He laughs nervously. I plant my lips on the opposite side of the small purple red bruise on his neck, and when I pull away leaving another one. He smacks my face away gently, making me laugh again.

"What!" I say through my laughter. "I want people to know that you're mine!" I say. He laughs, making me feel less nervous at being around him.

"People will know, alright." he says, winking playfully.

"What does that mean?" I ask, a grin tugging at the corners of my lips.

"You'll see ." He laughs, a mischievous glint in his eye. I raise my eyebrows curiously, watching as he shrugs and walks out of the bathroom.

"Okay.." I say, following him to our room. He pauses in front of the bed, and I take it as a hint that he wants me to sit down first. I smile to myself, maneuvering myself in the bed and scooting my back to the wall. He sits down in front of me, his back leaning into my chest comfortably. I drape my arms around his shoulders, my legs tangled with his.

"I love you, babe." I whisper in his ear. "Never forget that, no matter what my parents say. Don't be nervous." I try to reassure him, knowing he was still nervous about meeting them.

"I love you too. Nothing can possibly change that." He promises. I reach my hands to his hair and start playing with it, letting his silky chestnut locks slip through my fingers. I feel him sigh, and I drop my arms and pull him closer.

I hear the front door open and close. George immediately sits up, a concerned look on his face.

"Is that Nick or Karl?" He whispers, concern being replaced with terror.

"I... I don't know." I whisper back. I felt fear creeping onto my face as well, but I quickly mask it.

"We have to check. Let's not panic until we need to." He whispers, his voice shaky and his face pale.

"Okay." I nod, swallowing the lump in my throat. I take a deep breath, and move my legs over to the edge of the bed. He scoots forward, doing the same.

We both slowly creep to the door, hand in hand. I shakily but quickly press my lips to George's, getting a weak smile in return. It was obvious he was scared. We both were.