Chapter 31

Clay POV.

I sit down on the opposite side of the couch from George, trying to space us out.

"So.. explain to me what happened in the bathroom." I say calmly. His face becomes red as his eyes get glassy.

"I returned to school after being suspended, and everything was fine until I went to use the bathroom before class. Jared popped out of nowhere and he just... he said somethings about the crap of he liking me and I told him to screw off..." tears start flowing down his soft cheeks. "He slammed me into the wall and kissed me, Clay. I tried to defend myself but... we both know I have no chance of that. That's how I got all the bruises." He hides his face from me.

I knew it. I knew he would never do anything like that.

"Oh George... I'm so sorry." I scoot closer to his shaking body, my hand on his arm. "God, I'm so so sorry." I pull him into my chest, but he resists.

"I should have tried harder to defend myself. I gave up after he slammed my head." He says sadly. I pull him into my chest anyways.

"No, I should have listened to you. I knew there was no way you would cheat. Nick kept putting things into my head... he was pissed at you" He leans into my chest. I pull his face away slightly, staring into his chocolate eyes that never left mine.

I press my lips to his, finally. He jolts back in surprise, but doesn't pull away. He doesn't kiss back either tho. I pull away gently, stroking my fingers along his jaw.

"I love you. I always have. Nothing in the world could change that." I say, cupping his face.

"I love you too. I never stopped, and don't think I ever will." He gives me a shy half smile that could light up the whole room.

I yank the collar of his shirt towards me, out mouths connecting. I feel him grin against my lips, opening his mouth. I peek my tongue in between his lips, licking them. He moans softly against me, making me miss him even more.

"I missed this." I say, pulling my face away from his for a second. He has a fond smile on his face.

"So did I." He pushes against me again, now sitting in my lap. "Please don't ever leave again." He says, his eyes hopeful. I laugh, hugging him tight to my chest. His arms reach around my waist.

"I'm never leaving you again." I kiss him again, missing when we're not together.

"Good." He whispers, cuddling in my lap.

Nick walks in that moment.

George scrambles up, suddenly nervous.

"Clay, what the hell is he doing here?" He asks in a bitter tone. I stand up after George, wrapping my arms around him tightly. 

"Let him explain what happened." I say calmly.

"Uh.. Nick, he kissed me. I tried to fend him off but he was too strong. " George says quietly. "Please stop making me relive it." He turns around and hugs me, his face in my shoulder. I rub his head lovingly, trying to comfort him.

"Oh.." he trails off. "George.. you should have told us! I was a complete bitch!" He exclaims. George scoffs.

"I tried to, but someone wouldn't let me get a word in." He says, looking mildly annoyed with a small smile. I stifle a laugh, pressing my lips to the side of his neck. Nick smiles lightly.

"I'm sorry." He laughs. "We cool?"

"Yeah." George says, giving him a fist bump.

"Aw shit, Karl." He mutters, rushing up to his room. I grab George's hand and lead him up to our old room so we could talk.