Chapter 7

George POV. (TW) abuse, blood, heavy LGBTQ+ discrimination, language

After Clay dropped me off in my driveway, I made sure to hug and kiss him goodbye in my car because I saw a shadow move inside the house, my blood running cold as I realize what it is. I'm glad Clay didn't see. I can't have him finding about my dad and killing him self trying to help.

I gulp and walk away from Clays car, silently praying under my shaky breath.

I walk up to the door, slowly opening it and walking inside, closing it behind me. I feel it before I hear the glass shattering.

"Where the hell were you?! And who is that boy I just saw you kiss?" as he slams my chest and face into the wall.

"TELL ME NOW, OR YOU'VE GOT 5 SECONDS BEFORE I BEAT YOU INTO A FUCKING PULP," he screams in my ear. "MY SON IS NOT A GAY FAG, I WONT HAVE IT IN MY HOUSE. ILL KICK YOU OUT ON THE STREETS"

He began bashing my front into the wall, knocking me more and more unconscious with every hit. I start seeing blood on the wall. But I hear something that makes my blood run cold.

"GEORGE?!" Katie's scream ricochets off the wall from a room. Her voice is hoarse, sounding like she's been screaming for a while.

The pain in her voice fills me with enough rage to be able to turn around and swing my fist at my dad. I hit him square in his jaw, causing him to fall backwards.

"KATIE?" I yell as loud as I can. "KATIE WHERE ARE YOU?" I start to panic.

"GEORGE! I'M IN THE GUEST ROOM! HELP!" Her voice sounding more urgent caused me to move quicker, ignoring the throbbing pain in my face and ribs as I rush up the stairs.

"Katie I'm here," I enter the room, frantically looking for her. "Katie?" I call out again. I hear a whimpering noise coming from the closet.

"I'm in t-the closet," she whispers loud enough that I can hear. I rush over and throw the doors open, not expecting what I saw.

Katie sat tied to a chair, her face and neck bloody. Purple, brown, and yellow bruising appeared on her arms and wrists. I gasp at the sight of her while rushing over to the floor.

"Katie, Katie what happened?" I feel my eyes tear up. She sniffs.

"I-I was just in my room, and he w-woke up and came up to my room ask-" she pauses to sniff again, tears leaking from her eyes. "-asking where you w-were, but I d-didn't know w-where you were. I t-tried telling him th-that but he didn't b-believe me and he b-beat me and dragged me here to shut me u-up. I-I didn't know wh-what to d-do or how to w-warn you." She sobbed harder.

I reach behind her and carefully start untying her badly bruised arms. Her wrists were red and inflamed from where she struggled with the rope. It hurt and angered me to see her like this, in such a high amount of pain.

"I'm going to kill that son of a bitch" I murmur under my breath as I pulled her skinny shaking body into my arms, her cheeks wet with tears.

"Your face George... have you seen it?" Her eyes were wide.

"No.. I haven't had a chance too... why?" I ask confused.

"Your nose..." her voice trailed off. "I think somethings wrong with it.. it's purple and pink and bleeding. And there's blood on your shirt"

I look down and she's right, my white shirt soaked with blood. Then I see something that terrifies me. I ruined Clays hoodie.

"FUCK" I yell as loud as I could. I lift my arms over my head to take off his hoodie, soon realizing my mistake.

Then everything went dark.

———————————————————————————

When I wake up next, I remember seeing a handsome face with concerned green eyes looking into mine. I feel him squeeze my throbbing hand.

"George?" I hear a familiar voice say. "George, your awake! You scared me so much, what happened?" He gently lifts my head onto his thigh to rest there.

"I... Katie.. wh-where's Katie?" Panic fills me again as I imagine the possible things my father could have done to her if he woke up and found us.

"Katie's safe with Nick and Karl right now, she's the one who called me using your phone. I called Karl and Nick and we got here as fast as we could. She said what happened to her, but what happened to you? George I was so worried..." I see tears forming in his eyes.

"I'm okay I think.. I'm sorry I ruined your hoodie." I notice that I'm not wearing the hoodie, or my shirt for that matter anymore. I flush red and close my eyes, dropping my head. He notices and laughs lightly.

"George, I don't give a shit about my hoodie. I'm just glad your okay! I thought for a moment I'd lost you.." he hugs my chest head closer to his chest gently, brushing his lips onto my bruised ones.

"I'm still alive, thankfully" I laugh, my laughs soon turning into pain as I cough.

"George? George, you okay?" His smile starts to fade.

"Yeah, I just need to rest I guess, maybe stick my head in a bucket of ice," I chuckle lightly. He looks relived at my ability to joke.

"Come on, baby. Let's go to bed," he sighs as he carefully lifts me up off the floor. I groan in pain. He looks almost as miserable as I feel.

"Why do you look so upset?" I question him.

"You don't realize how much it hurts me to see you in this much pain, baby. I thought I really lost you before we had a chance to have our chance." His eyes get glassy again, letting a tear drip onto my bruised face.

"Let's talk in the morning, okay, my love? We're both tired and need to sleep." I reach my hand up and wipe his pretty face, giving him a soft smile. He returns my smile, instantly making me feel better.

"Yeah, you need to rest. We can talk about
everything in the morning." He kissed my head lovingly, making me feel  incredibly lucky.

As he tucked me into sleep that night, he was careful not to touch any part of me that was in pain.

"Thank you Clay. I love you," I smile harder at him, seeing his eyes light up.

"I love you too, George. Good night, sleep well."

~•~•~•~~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
Hey guys! What did you think of this chapter?  I like how it ended with Clay saving the day. What happened to his father, you may wonder? Yeah idk either ima make it up as I go lmao
Stay safe, have a good day/night! Love you! :)

 What happened to his father, you may wonder? Yeah idk either ima make it up as I go lmaoStay safe, have a good day/night! Love you! :)

Lmfao I screenshotted this off of TikTok so ignore it lol