Chapter 25

George POV.

I wake up tangled in Clays arms, like usual. I could get used to it, maybe forever. Compared to forever, a week seems like nothing. We'll be okay, I know it.

Last night was really.. harsh. Unsettling. Everything from my past that my dad has done to me and Katie came up. I acted like she was a counselor, ugh. I sigh.

Clay moves besides me, his arms tightening around my waist making me quietly laugh. His head pops up then.

"Oh.. sorry.. I didn't mean to wake you up, love." I cringe. He leans over and plants a kiss on my cheek.

"Nah it's fine. I look forward to waking up so I can kiss you." He grins, kissing me again. I laugh, but don't try to pull away from him.

"How did you sleep?" I ask, tuning so I'm cuddled into his chest facing him. He puts his hand under my chin, tilting my face towards his. He smiles.

"I slept pretty good, what about you, love?" He responds, kissing me soft lipped again. I feel myself melt into his loving, warm touch.

"It... it was hard... falling asleep after yesterday." I say quietly. "I-I wish I could lie but I can't lie to you." I felt my eyes getting glassy as I avoid looking in his eyes.

"Just be honest. Always be honest." He says soothingly, pulling me closer into to chest. Hot tears drip down my cheeks.

"O-okay." I whisper. He runs the back of my head.

"Do you want to talk about it now?" He asks, kissing my forehead tenderly. I nod my head silently. "Okay." He whispers.

"Uhh... she had me sit at the table and explain what exactly he's done to me and Katie.. it was like reliving nightmares again." I whisper the end, like my voice stopped working. I hear him sniff quietly.

"Oh, baby." He places his lips on my forehead again, letting them linger for a while. I curl my legs around his waist, getting more comfortable around him.

"It's okay. Everything will be okay." He pauses. "If you want me to, I can try rescheduling my trip or making it shorter." Hope surges through my body. I start to get up, but soon realize that I'm stuck unless I want to move his arm which I do not.

"I... you would do that for me?" I sputter. His eyes go wide as he sits up, freeing me.

"George, I would do anything for you. Of course I would." I pull his face towards mine, kissing him softly but passionately, wanting more. His hands move around my waist, pulling me into his lap.

Everything was perfect. Everything was like how it was supposed to be.

He starts to pull away. I pull his face back to mine, not wanting the kiss to be over. He laughs, cuddling me close to him. I accept his touch.

We stay like that for another couple of minutes, waiting until the other wants to get up. We both don't tho. I start laughing uncontrollably, unable to stop either. Clay cocks his head up, looking confused with a grin on his face.

"What?" he asks, amusement laced in his voice. I feel his hand on my thigh, making my cheeks heat up. I shake my head, a grin on my face.

He starts to get up, unwrapping himself from around my body.

"Come on, lets get some food. What do you feel like?" he asks, also grinning.

I start to get up, walking over to the other side of the bed. He meets me there, but somehow I stumble on a loose blanket that was on the floor, landing in his arms. I swear it looked and felt straight out of a fairy tale or something. Clay starts laughing as I fall into his arms. I blush madly.