Forty-Two

Mrs. Jeon hugged Jin as he walked into her home, "I am happy you came; the kids, particularly Sunghee, missed you."

Jin gave Mrs. Jeon a weak smile, not sure how he should be around her, he knew she was aware of everything, but even when she called him, she didn't seem upset with him.

Seeing as Jin wasn't going to say anything, Mrs. Jeon rests her hand on his shoulder, "do you want to walk with me out back? My husband and the sitter we hired is helping with the kids, I can take you to them after?" she looked up at Jin questioning.

Responding, Jin followed her to the backyard; when they got outside, he took a seat in the chair opposite of her on the back patio.

"I thankful you came. I am sure you know why I wanted you here. As his mother, you know it hurts seeing him hurt. I don't think I have ever seen him like this. I want to fix it; I want to do something to make him whole again, I have been trying, but he is not talking much. It's just working, and when he comes home, and it's him and the kids. He is not eating much either.

I am not sure how long this will go on; when I asked him what he will do, he tells me he doesn't want to get a divorce, but he doesn't know how to face you. You know, when he thought he had gotten someone else pregnant, he called me in tears because he was so worried about how it would destroy his relationship with you. I advise him to tell you the truth as you had a right to know.

This I would have expected your mother to tell you as well, but I guess we have different views on things. I am not upset or angry with you, I want to put that out there, but as a mother, I am hurt because my son is hurting, and that's a pain you caused and will have to fix.

You are a parent now; one day, you will understand what I mean. I am sure you are feeling it now with Sunghee and thinking about the next steps in her life. I hate seeing my child in pain, he is troubled, but he is a good person with a good heart. Don't take advantage of that please, if you know you don't want him or this marriage, let him go. It might be hard for him, but he will be fine. Though, if you want what you both have right now, let him know that, fix this, tell him the truth. I don't have the answers if it will work. All I know is, he loves you, I know you love him.

Life is far from perfect, I have filed for divorce three times in my marriage to his dad, but somehow we are still here pushing through making it work, not because we were afraid to let go, but because when it's all said and done, we love each other, but it doesn't mean we don't end up hurting each other at times. Most times, it's never intentional, but it happens, and it's up to us to figure out if we can fix it or not.

Those five kids should be the center of whatever decision you both make. They didn't ask for any of this, so you and he shouldn't make it become a pain for them. I don't have anything more to say, you can see the kids, and you can take them home if you want; I'm afraid I have to disagree with him keeping the kids to himself, you, yourself, look like you haven't been eating, and that's not good.

Jungkook is upstairs on the far right; once you see the paintings on the wall, it will lead to his room. Go talk with him; I told him you were coming by so he knows and if he is angry, let him be angry; he has every right to be."

Tears were running down Jin's face as Mrs. Jeon spoke to him; he played with the ring on his finger, excitement grew in his heart to see his kids, but there was also a stabbed of worry as he thinks about seeing Jungkook.

********

Jin couldn't pull himself away from the kids; he hadn't expected to cry as hard as he was seeing them. It had been a whole two weeks since he had seen them, that had never happened before. He knew Jungkook didn't have rights keeping them away from him, but he also didn't want to make the situation worse, he didn't know where he fit into anything anymore, the past days had been awful for him, and he was sure it wasn't any better for Jungkook.