Fifty-One

"She is so adorable; I just want to squish her cheeks." Jin cooed while holding Jimin's two-month-old daughter in his arms, "is she sleeping through the night?"

Jimin nodded while setting down his bag on one of Jin's kitchen chairs, "she sometimes does, nothing like her brothers and sisters, thankfully. Yoongi says she is the best baby of all of the kids we have had, and I agree with him."

Jin smiled while looking down at the baby, "she does look like a sweetheart. I am getting baby fever just looking at her."

A laugh leaves Jimin as he looks at his best friend and his daughter, "Jungkook still not in agreement?"

Jin sighs as he looks over at Jimin, "nope, I even asked him again yesterday, but I really want us to have another. The kids are mostly independent right now. We have a system; they follow it, sure they make messes and give me a headache, but it's nothing like when they were toddlers. Right now, I am actually happy I have them; during their toddler stage, I swear I wanted to give them away."

"That's only because you were stressed out with going through medical school," Jimin adds, recalling his friend's struggle back in that time.

"You're right, that's true. Oh my gosh, those days were a nightmare, and I understand Jungkook, he remembers those days and doesn't want to go back to them, but I am telling him it's different now. It's no longer a struggle to be a husband and a parent while I'm a student, and he's not struggling in his father's company anymore. Although we are much better than where we were before, he won't give in. I don't know how else to convince him, so maybe I just have to live through you; I will babysit anytime, okay." Jin looked at Jimin with a pout and then down at the baby in his hand, "I only get to hold babies because of your Appa. My husband said we can't have anymore."

Jimin laughed hysterically, "you talk as if I have all the babies in the world. We both have the same number of children."

"At least you had them separately; try four of them together."

Jimin shook his head and shuddered. "I don't want that; maybe that's why Jungkook does not want anymore."

"I know." Jin responded, "I think he is afraid we will end up with more than one, but I tried explaining to him that it won't be the case, and he is not listening. I don't know what to do, Jimin, but I want a baby."

"Then do what I did," Jimin said with a smile.

Jin stared at him, confused, "what?"

"Come off, birth control."

"Are you crazy?" Jin asked, widening his eyes. "Having forgotten who I am married to and what we have been through, yeah, I will not do that. You did not get a no from Yoongi, so he wouldn't have cared that you stopped taking birth control. I have been told no by Jungkook for more than two years. In my case, I would be bringing about a divorce. I'll just give him some more time, and he'll come around."

"I guess you are right; that won't work. Well, give him time, then. Maybe before you are forty, he might change his mind." Jimin couldn't hold back his laughter as his friend glared at him.

*******

"I don't think you spend time going over this, go back and review it and then come back to me," Jungkook told his daughter, Yeri, handing her back her homework. "Who is next?" he called out.

As Jungkook did his nightly review of their homework, Jin stood at the entrance to the study room, watching his husband and children.

"This needs to be redone. The instructions said to color with a color pencil, not a highlighter." Jungkook hands Sungjin back his homework, shaking his head.