Forty-Three

Jungkook's mother stood by his room door, looking at him as he laid in bed with his back turned to her. She knew he was awake but was pretending not to be hoping she would leave.

"Seokjin is leaving, and I told him it's okay to take the kids. I thought you would like to know." There was no response from Jungkook, so Mrs. Jeon sighed, "He made you soup; I am leaving it here for you. When you are ready, if you want to talk, I will be downstairs in the study."

*******

Jin opened his door and almost slammed it shut, but Namjoon stopped it, "please don't." Namjoon looked at him pleadingly. Jin stared at Namjoon and then his brother, "why are you here? Found another reason to come by and ruin my life?" he challenged, walking away from the door, not wanting to see Hoseok's face.

"Seokjin, I am sorry, I only did what I did because I want the best for you," Hoseok said upon entering Jin's house.

Namjoon looked at the two, "Umm, I am going to wait in the car." He refused to be in the middle of the brother's quarrel.

"Best for me? Wow, you have some nerve saying that. What kind of brother threatens their younger brother and wants the best for them? Oh, honestly, you know what? fuck off, Hoseok. You know, growing up, I really admire you. After I got pregnant with Sunghee, I was so disappointed with myself because I recognized how far behind I had fallen from walking in your footsteps and becoming a son mom and dad would be proud of, but now I pity you. You know why I pity you because instead of being a brother to me, you hate me.

You think I didn't listen to you the last time you were here, being bothered with how mom and dad have helped me, or your words of disgust with me not having any of my children through a planned pregnancy. So what if my life isn't as planned out as yours is, and so what if I messed up and had the wrong guy fathered my daughter, so fucking what? I am human, and I made a mistake, a mistake you didn't care to learn about or understand because your overly fucking judgmental thoughts got in the way, and I was immediately guilty, so you had to threaten me, but you know what I am happy you did.

Jungkook needed to know, and I was scared to tell him, but after knowing you knew, I refused to give you the pleasure of being the one to tell him because I know how happy that would have made you. Crumbling your younger brother's relationship and life seems so appealing to you, doesn't it? You don't fucking care about me, mom might have told me some pretty harsh things, but she is there when I want her to be, maybe don't give the best guidance, but she is there, and she cares about me. Y-you, you don't give a shit about me. You only show up when there is something you want to ridicule me about, yet you have never been a big brother to me.

It's best if you leave. My home is no longer a place where you are welcomed. Further, give me some respect and don't communicate anything with Jaehyun regarding my life or Sunghee's. I slept with him, let that be my job, unless you are looking to fuck him too, oh wait, sorry I forgot he is not Taehyung, I suppose."

Hoseok eyes widen, "Shut the fuck up! H-how-"

"Oh fuck off, you aren't the only one who knows secrets around here. At least I don't pretend to be upright, and if I were you, I would stay the fuck out of my business, especially if you don't want me to start talking as I am sure your husband would be very much interested in knowing what I know. Now, do me the honor and get the fuck out of my house, you pretentious bitch!"

Hoseok stood frozen, staring at his younger brother; he had so much he wanted to say, but no words made it out as his mind spun with several thoughts, none clear enough for him to speak.

******

Jin sat in his living room with all five kids, staring at them, wondering to himself how he was going to do things if Jungkook decided on wanting a divorce. Sure he could co-parent with Jaehyun, who he had already been in communication with as they worked towards a shared decision on how to move forward with parenting Sunghee. They made nothing final as Jin was awaiting Jungkook to talk to him, which he wasn't sure when it would or if it would happen.

He also wondered if they got a divorce if Jungkook would want to fight him for custody of the other four; he didn't think it was possible, though, maybe shared custody at best, but google wasn't the most helpful, and the legal stuff only triggered his emotions more. He couldn't imagine getting a divorce from Jungkook.

As Yuri begins to cry, Jin gets up to get her, but Yeri starts crying too, making him groan. He gently begins rocking the front of their rockers, not wanting the boys to be awoken by their crying. He could handle two at once, but all four at once was a nightmare to deal with. Thankfully Sunghee wasn't a fussy child; she could relax on her own for a long time and no fuss.

Jin's attempt to quiet down the girls didn't work, and the boys were woken up and soon began crying too, causing Jin a headache. "o-okay, don't cry. Appa is going to make your food; please just wait."

Getting up from the floor, he finds the Bluetooth speaker remote and connects the lullaby playlist from his phone onto it, hoping it would help to quiet them down as he rushes off to the kitchen to prepare their bottles.

Rushing around the kitchen, he almost trips trying to prepare their bottles quickly, but after stopping to take a deep breath, he pulled himself together, wiping his tears, and prepared the bottles. "I have to do this; I can do this," he mumbles.

When done, he made sure he had done them all correctly with the right amount of ounces, then as he got ready to take all four bottles with him to the living room, Jungkook appeared before him and took two of them from his hand.

"J-Jungkook-"

"We can do this," Jungkook said, giving him a weak smile as he walked out of the kitchen with two of the baby's bottles.