05. Threesomes

As I woke, I saw Elain by my side, she had a new flower crown on her head and was wearing a new, pale green dress. Looking down, I saw my right arm in bandages, however, the rest of my body was clear, as if there had been no fall at all. Taking some of the pills and water that was on my bedside table, I adjusted the crown on the fallen Elain's head, it had slipped a little as she slept. "I'm beginning to actually like you," I murmured before walking out of the room. I wore a large shirt and some baggy pants.

I didn't allow the nightmares of the institute scare me. I forced them from my mind. The 7 pairs of eyes were on me as I descended the stairs, a cold expression on my face. Everything was silent as I took my place at the table. How am I supposed to do this? 

Rhysand cleared his throat before speaking, "Evangeline, this is-"

"Thank you," I spoke hoarsely. Those words have never come from my lips before. Never. I met Rhysands gaze. "Thank you, high lord," I nodded towards Feyre, "high lady," Feyre gave me a large smile in return. 

"I'm Mor," A rather stunning woman smiled, her hand reaching over the table for me to shake. 

I took a moment to study her. She really was beautiful, not a hair out of place. Just as she began to tear her hand back, I reached over the table and shook it. 

"I'm Evangeline," I spoke, shaking her hand harshly, not letting a smile appear on my face. 

The girl with black hair snorted. "Your names Evangeline?" she spoke it as if it was an insult. 

I looked to her, matching her cold expression, "It is," I waited a moment before tilting my head to the side. "Do you have a problem with that?" 

A wicked smirk appeared on her face as she tipped her head up as if she was greeting me. "I'm Amren,"

I liked her, I liked her a lot. Coping her actions, I tipped my head up. "Call me Eve,"

"Wait, why does she get nickname privileges?" Cassian asked, his mouth wide open as he gestured towards her in a dramatic matter. 

I bit my tongue, holding my smile back. "She is not annoying." I spoke, looking over the food, though I made no move to grab any, "Unlike some of you," I brought my gaze back to Cassian. 

Mor laughed, her laugh was beautiful. "I like her," She giggled, Amren studied me silently, though I knew I gained her approval when she let herself smile a little and bite into her bread. 

"Are you hungry Evangeline? I don't believe you've eaten since you got here, which was around 3 days ago," Rhysand asked me. 

It did smell good. Though any of it could be poisoned, they could just be immune. Images flew back to me, they forced me to dance for them, I was their puppet- "No, high lord," I tried to keep the panic from my voice. Across from me, I knew Azriel had heard it as his face whipped to mine, he cocked his head to the side, trying to work me out, as if I was a puzzle unsolved. 

Cassian burst into laughter, "Don't call him high lord, or he will get on his high ass horse and not come back down," A rumble of laughter shot from the table as everyone dug into their food. 

"Is our food not good enough?" Nesta asked from beside Cassian, her arms crossed as she glared at me. I shrugged in reply, which seemed to infuriate her more. 

We fell into silence, everyone enjoying their food. "Have you three ever had a threesome?" I asked everyone's cutlery dropped. 

"Wait, who?" Feyre asked. 

"Cassian, Rhysand and Azriel," I asked, looking between the three of them. They all looked at me, confusion glistening in their eyes. "Cassian told me you all fucked" I put emphasis not he word, whilst looking at Cassian, he wore a small smirk, "girls in the same room,"

Amren burst into laughter, "I love this girl," Mor laughed. Azriel looked as if he wanted to strangle me. Feyre looked at Rhysand, Elain told me they like to communicate in their head, that's probably what they're doing. 

"No, no we have not had a threesome," Rhysand spoke, amusement heavy in his eyes. 

"I've been trying to convince them for years," Cassian rolled his eyes, eating more of this food. Looking towards Azriel, I swear I saw the slightest hint of red on his cheeks as he looked down, quickly swallowing his food. 

"Interesting," I mumbled before looking at the food, my stomach grumbled, though it was drowned out by the high chatter around the table. Maybe one piece of bread won't hurt. I moved to reach out for it, though my comment sense hit me and I retracted my hand, pressing it into my lap. I'm getting way too comfortable here way too quickly.