28 Him and I

I wrote this because your nice comments made my day so thank you here you go :)

I don't know where my confidence came from, but wherever that sneaky little emotion came from- I wish to cram it back inside and for it to never appear again. Embarrassment flushed over me when Azriel withdrew from me. Balton never let me kiss his lips, why would Azriel- I shouldn't have said that. Stupid girl, stupid Evangeline. He backed away a few inches, "S-sorry I didn't-" Azriel was sat upright now, his hand on my back, not allowing me to move away from me. 

His lips found mine. 

It was like I was being eaten by the world, I closed my eyes, my hands found his shoulders, I leaned into him. His lips were so soft, I was flying so high. My fears, my hate, my anguish- it collapsed, dissolving into the air around us. His lips, him, he was a need. A need that I had been deprived of for a long time. It was slow, soft, filled with never-ending emotions, vulnerability, pain, loss. We had all of the time in the world, with Azriel's shadows protecting us from the outside world, I could stay here forever, in the comfort of his strong arms, within the blanket of his wings.  Nothing mattered anymore, it was only him and I. Him and I. 

"Evangeline," He pulled away for a fraction of a second, his voice deep and rough.

"Yes?" Our breathing was uneven, I shivered as the tip of his finger trailed up my spine, he smiled at the action, a real smile, "You have dimples," I let out a breath.

His smile grew, shaking his head for a moment, abandoning his words, his hand grasped the root of my hair as pulled my head forward, slamming my lips onto his, a spark ignited in my stomach- there they were again, those butterflies. I reacted in a similar way to his rough kiss, this hadn't been like the one before, there was a sense of urgency, a deeper need, a deeper desire. I pushed against him with my lips, making him part them slightly, a low grunt escaped him as I fiddled with his bottom lip between my teeth. "Fuck, Evie," He murmured, his hands finding my hips, he squeezed them tight, a switch flickered in his head, he moved against me, pushing me to the grassy floor. 

Without thinking, I arched my back, one hand around his neck, pulling him as close to me as possible and another in his hair, I tugged on it roughly as his tongue entered my mouth, his hand went to my arched back, his long hair touched my forehead. "Az-"

"Azriel!" I heard someone shout, the blood drained from my body, the shadow turned icy around us, annoyed.

Azriel stilled on top of me, we looked each other in the eye, those drops of honey were darker, the darkest I've ever seen them. Azriel pulled me up with him, I fell into his lap, I felt him on the inside of my thigh as I pushed my head into the crook of his shoulder. He shivered at my warm breath on his neck. Looking through the shadows, I saw Cassian, he had his hands in his pockets, looking around for Azriel. 

"You have to be quiet, the shadow doesn't block out noise very well," Azriel barely whispered, which made Cassian turn at the sound, though he looked straight through our shadow. I nodded, Az's gaze fell to my lips, though he pulled his gaze away, almost painfully, I pushed myself closer to him, our chests flush, a shudder ignited throughout him. 

"When you decide to stop being a dick and hiding in the shadows, I'll be waiting for you in the kitchen." Cassian eyes a large shadow in the trees suspiciously, "It's important," 

Only when he closed the house door did we separate. We both stood up, my knees were weak, he looked at me like he knew exactly what I was going to say, "this never happened, right?" he spoke sarcastically, predicting exactly what was going to fly from my mouth. I nodded solemnly, "Well that's not going to work for me, Evangeline," He murmured. "It did happen, and you will lay in bed, unable to sleep when thinking about it," Taking one large stride towards me, he closed the gap between us, our lips crashed together, he instantly pulled my bottom lip into his, sucking on it hard enough to bruise it, then he bit it, a tiny drop of blood dripped from it. My knees buckled, he held me, grabbing the bottom of my thighs, he picked me up, I responded by wrapping my legs around his waist. 

I was against a wall. A small moan escaped me which only spurred him on, roughly grabbing my hair, "Are you sure this never happened?" He spoke against my lips, I whined, wanting him closer to me, "Words, Evangeline,"

"Yes, yes it did happen," I gasped as I felt his hands squeeze the bottom of my thighs,

"And?" his nose grazed my neck. 

I wiggled in his grasp, my overly sensitive neck needed kissing, grabbing, I removed one of his hands from my thigh, placing it around my neck, Azriel, bit his bottom lip, his eyes darkening by the second, squeezing the sides of my neck, still in need of an answer. "And I will be thinking of this in bed, unable to sleep,"

"Good girl," He uttered, pushing his lips back onto mine. I needed him closer, I needed skin on skin contact. I needed more. 

Only when I began to tug at the bottom of his tunic, silently wishing for it to be off, is when he pulled away, I gave a small whine, trying to pull him back, this ache in my stomach needed to be helped, I needed to be fulfilled. "Good night Evangeline," He placed me onto my shaky legs, they threatened to give out at any moment. 

"But Az-"

"My brother needs me," He mumbled, placed a very soft kiss onto my lips, he removed his hands from me, my vision was overtaken by shadows. 

Opening my eyes, I realised I was now in my room, alone.