08. Daddy

After washing the carrots that I had pulled from the ground at the farm, I also washed the strawberries, apples, grapes and cherries before adding all of them to a bowl and sitting at the table. 
"She finally eats," Cassian walked into the room, along with Az. Deciding to ignore him, I pushed 3 more grapes into my mouth, I hadn't noticed how hungry I was until I began eating. "Eve-"

"Evangeline," I corrected him, "Friends call me Eve," 

"You've spoken more to me than Amren, why does she get to call you Eve and I don't," He stuck his lower lips out. 

I frowned, "How old are you Cassian?" I asked him, he acted as if he was 12. 

"536 years young,"

I choked on my grapes, coughing, I managed to get them out of my airway, before I swallowed them again. "You should be sold in an antique store, how the hell are you 500!" I cried in horror. 

Cassian smirked, sitting on the chair opposing me, "You really do know how to wiggle your way to my heart, princess," He stole one of my grapes. 

"Don't call me that, grandad," I spoke, taking my bowl filled with fruit from him as I ate a carrot.

"Azriel! She called me grandad!" Cassian turned around, looking at Azriel, who was leaning against the wall. 

"Oh yeah, go tell daddy on me," I rolled my eyes, throwing a grape into my mouth. 

They both whipped their heads in my direction, even Mor walked into the room, "Did you just call Azriel daddy?" She sniggered. 

I looked at all three of them, confusion written in my face. "it was a joke, what's wrong with that?" 

Rhysand walked in, along with Feyre, I didn't like how crowded this room was becoming, "How old are you, Evangeline?" Rhysand asked me. 

"67," I spoke, wiping some of the grape juice that had fallen from my lips, I sucked it off my thumb, Azriel watched every movement. 

"You're like a baby!" Cassian cried he had the audacity to try and lean over to grab my cheek and pull it, "Such an innocent little baby,"

Grabbing his hand, I slammed it onto the table, "try and touch me again and I will cut your hand off, old man," I spoke loud and clear. 

Cassian didn't seem fazed as he turned to Rhys and Feyre, "She called Azriel daddy!" 

I groaned before throwing a grape at him, "I did not!" I cried, "This is why you're not allowed to call me Eve, you annoying winged weirdo!" I threw another grape at me, which he caught in his mouth. 

"At least he didn't drop you whilst flying," Amren spoke, she had walked into the room at some point and taken a seat next to me.

Everyone looked towards Azriel, "Shut up Amren," He mumbled before looking out of a window. His shadows darkened. 

Sighing, I looked away, catching Cassian trying to grab one of my strawberries.  "Hey! Don't touch my food!" I slapped his hand away. 

He retracted his hand, breathing through his teeth. "Damn woman! Violence was not needed!" 

I pulled the bowl closer to me, protecting the sides with my arms"Violence is always needed when food is involved. It's incredibly important,"

Azriel's right shoulder shuddered a little, a tell I've picked up from him on multiple occasions, I believe it's his silent laugh. "You barely eat, how is it important to you?" His honey drop eyes pierced mine. 

Grasping my fork, I stabbed another strawberry, bringing it to my mouth. "I don't eat because," I pointed the fork in his direction. "Your food is probably poisoned,"

"We eat it every day," Rhysand snorted. 

I pointed the fork towards him, "Yes, high lord, but obviously your immune,"

"Obviously," Azriel echoed his right shoulder twitching again. 

"You, my friend," Cassian spoke, "have deep, deep psychological problems," He pointed towards his brain with his finger, for effect. 

"You, my acquaintance," I replied, "are very, very annoying," 

Cassian crossed his arms, leaning back, "You can do better than that Eve,"

Rolling my eyes, I mouth, 'Evangeline,' at him. "Look, you can learn to insult Cassian better later," Rhysand stated, "We are all travelling back to Velaris tomorrow, are you coming?" His question was directed at me. 

"If you don't want to, you can always stay here for a while," Feyre commented, leaning her head on Rhysand. 

I at Feyre, hope simmered in her eyes, if I stayed, I could be on the road in a few days, but then where would I go? I have no connections, no friends, if I got close to Rhysand, to Feyre, maybe I could tell them of the Institute, they could stop it. "If I come with you," I slowly spoke. "I'd like to train, to learn to fight,"

"Well you did kick Nesta's ass pretty good," Mor sniggered, earning a glare from Cassian. 

I've never seen Feyres smile to bright, why did she want me to come with her so badly? "Of course, Azriel can help you train," She turned to him, "Cant you Az?"

His shadows darkened, his left arm twitched, he was annoyed. "I'm not sure-"

"Then its settled," Cassian interrupted his friend by slamming his hand onto his shoulder, "You will come back with us,"

"Don't get too excited," I grumbled, why was I so important to these people?

"Oh, Elain will be so happy," Feyre ran to tell her. Goddamn Elain.