45 I Am Alive

THIS IS THE LAST CHAPTER,
I REPEAT,
THIS IS THE LAST CHAPTER

The memories of last night burned within my brain as I lay naked with Azriel's head on my chest, one of his arms wrapped around my waist, the other holding my hand, the same hand he held throughout all last night. Cassian was wrong. Azriel and I didn't fuck last night. We made love, it was beautiful, emotional and breathtaking. Though I can't help but imagine what devious things his shadows and wings can do when he does fuck me.

Azriel's shadows covered the top half of my body, I had slept better than I ever had last night, I had fallen asleep first, on Azriel's chest, now he lay on mine, I used the hand that wasn't laced with his to scratch the back of his skull, fingering his hair, he made a low humming noise once in a while, shifting his position on my stomach. I had figured out he loved when I ran my hand through his hair, now I can stop myself from doing it any chance I get. 

Azriel's bedroom door opened "Azriel-" Cassian stopped when he saw me, "Eve?" his eyes nearly popped out of his head when he saw Azriel on my bare stomach, looking down,  saw that Azriel's shadows had covered every inch of skin from Cassian's eyes. Cass sniggered, leaning against the doorframe "You lucky, lucky woman Evangeline," He tutted, throwing a curious look at Azriel, before laughing to himself and turning his gaze back to mine, "You're missing breakfast,"

"We will be down in a moment," I smiled at him, as I began to sit up, the shadows moved with me, they formed an opaque wall in front of Cassian I heard him utter softly, "Damn, I get it shadows, there's no need to be so protective," The door shut loudly, making Azriel grumble, stirring from  his sleep, he rose from my stomach, 

Getting onto his hands, he looked up at me. "Good morning Evie," He mumbled in a dark voice that sent an electric shock throughout my entire body. 

"Good morning Azzy," I smiled up at the ceiling, grinning like a mad man. "Sing to me again," He made a small humming noise, "Like you did last night when I was falling asleep, sing to me again," he had the richest voice, I only hear it for a few minutes, the combination of his soothing touch and his beautiful voice sent me to sleep.

"Oh, I didn't think you heard that," Azriel chuckled into my stomach, pink rising onto his cheeks.

Giggling, I ran my hands through his hair, dragging my nails down his skull, he made a low grumble from the back of his throat. "Come on, we're missing breakfast,"

Azriel shot up, "I completely forgot," he mumbled, he quickly rose up, his shadows covering him as he pulled on some pants. 

"Why are you in such a rush?" I giggled, pulling the blankets to my chest, "It's only breakfast, we have it every day,"

"It's a very important breakfast, my love," He mumbled, pressing a kiss onto my lips, he walked across the room, grabbing a blindfold, he turned around. "Come here," He spoke, I quickly followed his orders, removing the banket from me and walking over to him. He took a sharp breath in. "Fuck, you're absolutely exquisite Evangeline." He kissed my shoulder, his eyes trailing every inch of my body, just as he had done last night, "The most beautiful thing I've ever seen," He whispered, mostly to himself, before shaking his head and he tied the blindfold around my eyes. 

"What's going on? I'm still naked," I laughed, wrapping my arms around my body.

"Let me dress you," Was all he said as he slipped my underwear on me, before putting me into a dress, I felt it end at around mid-thigh, it had short sleeves. He then brushed my hair, using the softest brush strokes, making sure he didn't hurt me. "Elain asked me to give you a flower crown that she made you, would you like to wear it?"

I thought for a moment, last night I had decided to wipe a clean slate, forgive everything in my past, that meant forgiving Elain, so I smiled, nodding my head.