23 My Loyalty Lies With You

I knew it was coming. I knew it. 

I didn't move. 

"Or, I could torture him for years until I finally put him out of his misery." Lord Balton tipped his head to the side, "Which sounds more fun?" He asked, a smile on his face. 

Licking my lips, I picked up the sword, "You really think this would be a challenge?" I asked, my voice a void of emotion. I turned to Lord Balton, "The Shadowsinger is worth nothing to me," I shrugged, "I only used him to make you envious, my lord," I bowed my head. I did not even care If I was a liar any longer. 

"Then kill him," Lord Balton didn't believe me. 

I gripped the sword tighter. "What of the others?"

"Do not worry of the others, my kitten, your master will figure out what to do with them." Lord Balton smiled, an evil smile. 

Taking a deep breath, I turned to them, they were looking at me with no emotion on their faces, except Feyre looked heartbroken, betrayed, she believed me. Of course she did. "You should kill them," I spoke loudly, letting some boredom seek into my tone. "Send them to the dungeons, let the dogs have some fun for once," three of them looked at me, anger laced in their expressions, Cassian looked sad, regretful, though Amren's head was tipped to the side, her eyebrows raised a little, amusement clouding her gaze. 

Lord Balton, stood up behind me, his arms wrapping around my waist, he tipped my head to the side a little, kissing my neck, I let him, looking at the ceiling. He chuckled after a moment. "My kitten will get what she asks for," Lord Balton spoke louder, "Go on men," He motioned for the guards to take them away. 

"Don't you think they should watch the execution of their friend?" I asked, my desperation nearly leaking through my tone. Lord Balton chuckled slightly, his hands grazing my inner thigh. My neck closed up slightly. 

"Of course, my pet," He grumbled, waving off the guards, "Go prepare a cell for them, don't feed the dogs," The guard excited, alone with the women. 

Stage one, completed. 

"This will be the most interesting night in a while," He murmured, he was barely taller than me, though I felt so short beside him. Though, he took the sword away from me. Damn. So close. 

"What is wrong, my lord?" I asked as placed the sword on a table beside him, Lord Balton and I, plus the prisoners were the only people in the room now. 

"I don't wish for this to end so quickly," Lord Balton murmured, calling for a number, another woman, dressed in red flew in. "I want the drink. Now."

My stomach hallowed. The drink. The drink that made me forget, the one where I was under his command, he could make me do anything. "But my Lord, what of the prisoners?" I whispered. 

Balton looked to them, tilting his head. "They can stay and watch."

I gulped, not letting myself make direct eye contact with any of them, their wings were tattered and if I didn't help them soon, they would die. "My lord, may I heal their wings?"

"And why would you want to do that, 93650?" His voice was raised, he was looked at me, I had to be careful. 

Turning to him, I bit my lip, looking at him through my eyelashes. "Where's the fun in letting them bleed out?" I asked, walking towards him, I licked my lips. "And I promised them that I would be the one to cut off their wings," I was so close, though I wasn't allowed to initiate contact with him, so I kept my hands from him. "It would make me so happy if I kept my promise,"

My master snarled. "Fine," He called another number into the room, ordering her to get me some healing supplies, The poisoned wine was already here, sitting next to him. "I will be watching you, 93650. If I see you even try to betray me, I will cut all of their heads off without a second glance,"

I curtsied, my nose reaching the floor again. "My loyalty lies with you, my lord,"