35 Warmth

I soon realised that maybe I should have packed a bag. As I stared at the bed I realised that I had no toothbrush, no brush or anything to sleep in.

Turning to Azriel, I gave him my sweetest smile. "What?" he leaned against the wall.

Fluttering my eyelashes at him, I asked "Please may you get me my toothbrush, a hairbrush and something to sleep in?"

He stared blankly at me, "Do it yourself,"

Crossing my arms and dropping my cute girl act, I stood infront of him "If I could winnow I would, hell, if I could winnow, you wouldn't even be with me right now,"

He sighed, uttering somthing under his breath before disappearing. Smiling, I ran myself a hot bath whilst he was gone. I knew he would take his sweet time so I undressed and sank into the water.

I can't believe I found my brother. I can't believe my family home was destroyed. I can't believe Azriel and I were kissing a few nights before this one, hiding from Cass in the shadows, now we are barely able to be civil with each other.

I grumbled under my breath, sitting up, I brought my knees to my chest, hugging them. I need to focus on other things, rather than my love life, I should focus on this rediculously scary plan to infiltrate Lord Balton's institute. It's terrifying, but doable if I don't freeze the moment I enter, that is. I heard my name being called from the outside of the room, sighing, I closed my eyes, pressing my face into my knees.

The bathroom door opened "Evang-" The voice cut itself off, bringing my head off of my knees, there Azriel stood, a little out of breath, "I couldn't find you," he kept his gaze steady on my face, not letting them wander to my wet body, the bubbles hid anything interesting anyway.

"Well here I am," I spoke softly, not at all embarrassed of being naked infront of him, as I thought I would be. I pulled my knees closer to my chest.

"You missed a spot," he nodded to my hair.

I watched as he stode over to my side, kneeling by the side of the bathtub, he scooped one of his hands underwater, using his other to tip my chin back as he poured the water over the back of my head. An involuntary sigh escaped my as I let the hot water trail down my back.

Once again, his gaze never left my hair as he scooped up more water, washing my hair we sat in silence. "There," his murmured, his shadows had gained more movement around him, slivering around the tub, but never touching me.

"Thank you," I whispered, placing my head on my knees again.

He left for a moment, only to return with some clothes, placing them on the toilet lid, leaving the room again. Sighing, I stayed in the bathtub a moment longer, pretending I was someone else for a moment, someone with a mate, someone who was happy.

I rose from the tub, wrapping a towel around me, I dried myself and put the long shirt and shorts that Azriel gave me on. "What the hell are you doing?" I asked, looking at Azriel who had made himself comfortable in the middle of the bed.

"I'm sleeping," he spoke rather impatiently, "Please don't watch me sleep," he opened 1 eyelid "again,"

"oh, shut it," I crossed my arms, the calming atmosphere from the bathroom now disintegrated. " I think that you will find that it is my bed,"

"I'll flip you for it," he brought a coin from his pants, he wore plain, cotton pants and a tight shirt, I knew he didn't normally wear shirts for bed, though I appreciated that he brought one this time.

"Fine," I stood at the end of the bed.

"Tails I win, heads you lose," I huffed, watching him flick the coin in the air, smoothly catching it in one hand, he tipped it over to reveal... Heads. Dammit!