43 Forever

"Hey," I heard someone behind me, there was a whisper of a hand on my shoulder before a figure sat next to me.

"You have blood in your hair," I commented, eyeing Tamlin's golden hair. It had been a few days after I had taken the vial, everyone embraced me with open arms, even Amren hugged me, behind closed doors, of course, and then she threatened me to never tell anyone of her compassion or she will cut off Azriel's cock. But I remember the way she squeezed me tight, and spoke for the freedom of my own choices outside Balton's cell. For a moment, she had lost me, and I lost her too, and myself.

I made sure to hug Tamlin extra tight when I regained my life, he had already lost his sister before, I couldn't have imagined how scary it was for him to go through it again and to not be able to do anything about it. Though if it wasn't for him getting me out of the chambers so quickly, I don't know if I would have ever regained my memory at all. The inner-circle seem to acknowledge this as Tamlin threw a nod to Rhysand, Rhysand nodded back, they weren't quite friendly yet, they only nodded to each other once when they entered the room and didn't acknowledge each other further. "Balton and I had a chat," he threw me a wicked smile, "It was fun,"

Rolling my eyes, a new, genuine smile crossed my lips, "You're still the big brute that you were 60 years ago,"

He shifted uncomfortably in his chair, "I hate to ask you this Nirvana, but do you know anyone of the name 93721?"

Turning completely to him, I thought for a moment. "Tall, black hair, green eyes, dark skin, scar on her right eyebrow?" I asked, Tamlin nodded, "Yeah, I was there when she was brought in... Around 2 years, maybe?"

Tamlin licked his lips, his hand tensing around his fork, his claws threatening to break through, though he squeezed his eyes shut, taking a deep breath in, his claws stayed in their place, not piercing through his skin. I knew how much it meant to him to try to keep control over his anger, I was helping him with it. Looking at Tamlin triumphantly, I added, "She seemed really nice, her name's Nova," She had still remembered her name, seeing as she only came to the institute 2 years ago.

"Yeah, she is nice," my brother smiled, filling his plate with various foods, it had been 2 full weeks since we had overtaken the first institute, Tamlin and Lucien's presence had been normalised, the girls have been recovering in another larger house nearby, I had been visiting them daily, overseeing that they are well cared for, we had begun to look for the younger girls families.

Under the table, my hand slipped into Azriel's. My vines curled around his arm, his shadows around mine. I made sure to wear my necklace proudly, I knew Azriel wasn't a necklace type of guy, though he wore it for me. To show how he belongs to.

"So, what are we all wearing?" Mor collapsed into a chair next to a vacant seat, where Elan is supposed to sit.

"Well, I'm wearing some delightful leather pants and a rather tight tunic, what about you Mor?" Cassian smiled, crossing his arms.

"Yes Cassian, I can see that," She eyes his pants, "Do the pants have to be so tight? Nobody wants to see that, I can assure you,"

Cass rose an eyebrow, "I'm sure Nesta disagrees,"

"Shut up Cassian," Nesta shut him down instantly, I sniggered.

"What are you all wearing to the party tomorrow?"

"There's a party?" I asked

"Yep, the first one to get drunk wins," Mor slipped an easy smile on her face, bringing a glass to her lips. I remember Elain mentioning Mor's parties briefly, hardcore drinking was always involved.

"We don't have to go," Azriel uttered into my ear. We. We were an item, we went to parties together, the very thought made my insides tingle with excitement. A flicker of how I had reacted at the last party flicked in my brain. Was I ready to do that again?