Chapter Two

Caleb ~

The morning decided to come anyway with no regard for Caleb's sleepless night. His eyes were heavy and tired, but his adrenaline was pumping with anticipation as he boarded the plane.

"That's the fourth time you've looked at her picture." Marcus grumbled from beside him with his legs stretched out into the aisle.

"I'm not looking at her picture. I'm just going through the file." Caleb said with a smirk.

"Yeah...and stopping at her picture every time you pass it."

So what?

"Her picture is in the file. And I'm reading the file. Of course I'm going to have to look at it."

Pierce overheard their conversation and couldn't help but jump on board to bust Caleb's balls.

"If you need some alone time with that picture, there's a bathroom right over there." Pierce joked, leaning over the top of Caleb's seat.

"Fuck off." Caleb laughed.

"Seriously though, how are you going to live in a house with her for five weeks if you get a chub every time you look at her?"

"I don't get a...you know what I'm not even gonna respond to that." Caleb started to defend himself, but stopped because it was so ridiculous.

"I can give you some tips you know. I usually say the pledge of allegiance in my head when Natalie gets me hard in public." Pierce's comment had Marcus laughing, causing his shoulders to bounce as he tried to stifle it.

"The hell is wrong with you?" Caleb laughed, looking over his shoulder at Pierce who was clearly enjoying himself.

"Yeah well you better lock that shit down because she's a damn client." Declan's grumpy voice echoed from behind him.

"Jesus, here we go..." Caleb rolled his eyes and let his head fall back against the seat. 

"Lighten up Dec, we're just giving him shit." Pierce said, coming to Caleb's defense.

"All I'm saying is fucking a client is a bad look, one that could get us reassigned and blow the entire op."

Alright enough of this bullshit.

"Woah, woah, woah...Slow your fucking roll. I'd never compromise an op and you know it."

Declan could sense the change in Caleb's tone and backed off immediately. Caleb was definitely the most easy going member of the team, always equipped with a smile and a joke, but even he had his limits.

Letting out a hard sigh, Declan regained control over himself as if he had momentarily forgotten that Caleb was one of his best friends, and not a subordinate.

"You're right man. I guess I'm just wound a little tight." Declan confessed.

"Ya think?" Pierce sassed.

Caleb didn't give it a second thought. He knew that having to leave Lexi when he was ready to propose had rubbed Declan's heart raw and Caleb would never hold that against him.

"Don't sweat it Boss. I know you're hurtin' for your girl." Caleb said with a half smile.

He'd never risk the success of an op and his teammates knew that.

She's so damn beautiful, but bottom line is, she's a client - an assignment. So lock your shit down and keep it professional Caleb.

*****