Chapter Fifty One

Sorry for the late chapter sweet readers! I appreciate you guys being so understanding and supportive! Internet is back and I'll have chapter fifty two up this evening at the usual time!

**********

Caleb ~

The next day, Lainey was sleeping peacefully with her head resting on Caleb's chest. She hadn't moved a muscle the entire night and was still in the same position she had been in when they fell asleep. They were due at Knight for debriefing in an hour, but Caleb couldn't bring himself to wake her. He rubbed his thumb up and down the side of her cheek trying to gently coax her awake.

"Lainey..." he whispered, watching her facial expression change and twitch as he slowly pulled her from sleep.

"Time to wake up Darlin." Caleb whispered again as Lainey lifted her head and stretched out her arms and legs.

She gave him a sleepy smile that warmed his heart as she looked up at him, resting her chin on his chest, before a knock at the bedroom door pulled her attention away.

"Hey Doc?" Grayson said from the other side of the door.

"You can come in Gray." Caleb said, giving Gray permission to enter so he could hear him better.

"Y'all naked?" Grayson asked in a skeptical tone.

Caleb and Lainey both started laughing at his question, shaking and bouncing the bed as they chuckled at Caleb's teammate.

"You think I'd invite you in if we were naked?" Caleb chuckled.

"Yeah well I don't know what kind of shit you're into." Grayson joked as he opened the bedroom door.

"My arm hurts like a bitch, what can I take besides tylenol?" Grayson asked.

Caleb planted a kiss on Lainey's forehead before he hopped out of bed to grab some pain medication for Gray. He was shirtless and bed headed, but he got the impression that Lainey liked what she saw because the second he stood she kept sweeping her eyes over his shirtless torso while chewing at her bottom lip.

"Quit lookin at me like that Darlin or we might not ever leave this room." Caleb joked, giving her a wink.

"That's okay with me." Lainey said in a sleepy voice as he left the room.

Caleb dispensed some medication in Gray's good hand and brought him a bottle of water.

"These oughtta fix you up. They might make you tired, but they'll knock out that pain for sure." Cale said confidently.

"I don't give a shit if they knock my ass out, you're my ride anyway," Grayson joked as he popped the pills in his mouth.

An hour later, Caleb, Lainey, and Grayson walked into Knight ready to be debriefed on the events that unfolded at the safehouse.

They entered the conference room and took seats around a large table noticing that everyone looked just as exhausted as they felt. The room stayed relatively quiet with Pierce and Grayson closing their eyes as they rested their heads against their chairs.

Even Marcus was yawning, leaning back in his chair with his legs stretched out in front of him.

Hunter entered the room a few minutes later, causing all eyes to open and posture to straighten as he made his way across the room toward the head of the table.

"You wrecked shop at that safe house and I'm damn proud. Thirty four tangos down in two hours, with no team casualties and your principal alive and well. Damn good job boys." Hunter started as he passed by every team member.