Chapter Fifty

Caleb~

After re-dressing Pierce, Declan, and Grayson's wounds, Caleb took a seat on the ground, letting Lainey sit between his legs and lean back against his chest as they waited for the medevac helicopter that was less than an hour away.

Pierce was conscious and mumbling, asking for Natalie every few minutes before he finally realized where he was and that she wasn't there.

"Now that he's awake try to keep him talking to see how bad that concussion is." Caleb said to Declan, who was sitting right beside Pierce.

"Hey Hollywood." Declan said over his shoulder down at Pierce who was still laying flat on his back.

"What's your name?"

"Pierce." he grumbled.

"What's fourteen plus seven?"

"Twenty one."

"What's your girls name?"

"Natalie." Pierce said her name slowly with a wide smile.

"You speak any French?"

"Fuck you."

"Yeah I think he's okay." Declan finally said as the rest of the group laughed at his line of questioning.

"Okay somebody has got to explain the whole French joke to me." Lainey said.

Declan laughed and sat up a little straighter, nursing his hurt shoulder, but eager to be the one to tell Lainey about Pierce's embarrassing mishap that had slowly turned into the team's favorite joke.

"Well you see, Hollywood was having quite a time with a girl he picked up in a club when we were in Vegas. She had a French accent and Pierce believed at the time that her name was Mitsy - called out her name a few times when they were doin' the deed. She tried multiple times to tell him her name was actually Mar-cey, but he just thought she was thanking him saying..."

"Merci." Lainey whispered to herself as she covered her mouth to stifle her own laughter.

The group erupted in a fit of laughter as Declan retold the story, playful saying "Merci" to one another as they carried on.

"He must have called her Mitsy at least a dozen times, before she stormed out of the room." Declan added.

"You really thought you were givin' it to her that good Hollywood?" Axel asked.

"I brought my A game that night fellas. It definitely deserved a thank you - or at least I thought so." Pierce chuckled.

"So now that you know the story, feel free to use it as ammunition against Pierce at any time." Caleb said from where he sat behind Lainey.

"Lainey would never, she's too sweet to pick on me like you animals" Pierce said.

"Aww Pierce...Merci." Lainey said, eliciting belly laughs from everyone around them.

"I'll remember that Lainey." Pierce grumbled as he sat up, looking at her through one eye and giving her one of his sly half smiles.

Caleb loved that Lainey could hold her own with the guys and wrapped his arms around her a little tighter. He couldn't get her close enough to him and wanted every inch of her pressed against him, feeling like his skin was thirsting for her touch. Every emotion he had for Lainey was amplified and felt more extreme and intense than they had before.

Just then Declan got a call that the medevac blackhawk was only a few minutes out, prompting the team to stand and ready their equipment to load once the helicopter had landed.