Chapter Twenty Five

Caleb ~

Caleb's watch beeped over and over again, pulling him from a dead sleep, letting him know it was time for Lainey's meds. Lainey was sound asleep on his right arm with her breathing slow, even and peaceful. Battling against himself, Caleb knew he had to get up to get her medication, but she looked so much like an angel that he hated to wake her.

He slowly slid his arm out from under her, trying to shift her body over without waking her, but she registered his absence immediately and her eyes slowly fluttered open.

"Good morning." she hummed.

"Mmm I love that." he said with gravel in his deep voice.

"What?" she grinned.

"I love that your face was the first thing I saw when I woke up this morning."

God I'm such a fucking sap, but I can't help it. Lainey turns me into complete mush.

Lainey's small grin turned into a bright smile at his words. Rolling on her back she unfolded her arms in a lazy stretch, forgetting that she was completely naked. Her cheeks turned the cutest shade of red when she caught him staring, but she didn't move to cover herself. She let him enjoy the view for a minute or two before wrapping the comforter around her.

Caleb hopped up from the bed and headed down the hall toward the kitchen to get an electrolyte drink for Lainey. He started some coffee and greeted Rosa who was still not used to a house full of shirtless men in the morning.

He had only been gone a few minutes, but when he approached the closed door of his bedroom he heard more than one voice echoing off the tile floor from within the room. Leaning his ear against the door, Caleb could hear Lainey talking and searched the air for the other voice.

"Oh my gosh! Tell me everything!" A second voice squealed, causing Caleb to chuckle to himself as he instantly recognized it.

Lexi.

Caleb loved the fact that Lainey not only felt comfortable enough to call Lexi and the girls to pick out her outfits and to gossip as she got ready for events in the evenings, but also felt like she could confide in Lexi about more important things. Lainey had asked for genuine friendship and his teammates women and given her just that, which made him love them even more.

Standing at the door, Caleb grinned from ear to ear as Lainey recapped their night together, not knowing how he'd ever look Lexi in the eyes again knowing she knew how big his junk was.

After Lainey and Lexi wrapped up their conversation, Caleb waited for the silence before he opened the door and let himself in, grinning at the playfully guilty look on Lainey's face.

"You called Lex, didn't you?" he chuckled as he handed her her medication from her purse and a drink.

"Yep." she replied.

"Told her about what we did last night?" he asked already knowing the answer.

"Yep." Her grin was wide and contagious as it spread across her face.

"Figured as much." Caleb laughed.

"Oh like you don't gossip to your team about everything." Lainey sassed with a knowing smile. 

"We are men Lainey. We don't gossip. We discuss and analyze past events and predict the outcomes of future events." Caleb said raising his brows at her as if he'd proven her wrong. 

"Call it whatever you want. I've heard it with my own ears. The four of you gossip like housewives."

"Good luck proving that." Caleb chuckled as she peppered her neck with kisses that pulled a bit of laughter from Lainey's lips.