Chapter Four

Caleb ~

Two hours later Caleb sat in a large living room with the rest of Bravo team after just having met with the grounds security to go over their procedures and rotation schedule.

"I still can't get over this house man." Pierce said, looking around the huge living room they were sitting in.

Caleb agreed, it had every amenity one could imagine, not to mention it was absolutely gigantic. He almost felt sorry for the grounds security team because there really wasn't one vantage point that would give you a good view of the entire property.

"They didn't seem half bad, but I can see why Flores brought us in." Declan added, assessing the skill level of the other security team.

"Can you believe that Javier guy? What an asshole," Caleb said.

"Total dick. No wonder Elaina has a bad taste in her mouth about security detail," Marcus added.

"Yeah, but we gotta play nice with these assholes. If we ever need information from them, we can't make them our enemies." Declan chimed in, always all business.

The team started discussing the charity function that they were set to attend the next evening when a petite frame passed by the door.

The entire team stalled their conversation with heads swiveling in Lainey's direction.

"Is she heading for the front door?" Pierce asked.

"Shit," Caleb muttered, scrambling out of his seat on the couch.

Grabbing on to the door frame, Caleb leaned out and saw Lainey half way down the long hall, heading for the front door, looking down at a book in her hands.

"Where ya headed?" Caleb asked.

"Out," she tossed the words over her shoulder without stopping or turning around, looking down at something in her hands.

"Out." Caleb repeated to himself as he laughed, looking back at his teammates and giving them a comical expression as he shrugged his shoulders and repeated the casual phrase again "Out."

I don't think so sweetheart. Not without me you're not.

Caleb jogged over and caught up with her just before she reached the front door.

"Where exactly is out?" he asked with a smile.

"Don't worry, I won't leave the grounds." she answered, without lifting her eyes from a book in her hand.

"That's not how this works Darlin," he chuckled.

"Oh by all means tell me how this works." she responded with the smallest smile in the corner of her mouth as she licked her finger and turned a page in her book.

She's testing me and it's adorable.

"Pretty simple really. I go where you go."

Those words did catch her attention and caused her to slap her book shut with one hand.

"Now you see that part doesn't really work for me," she sassed, finally bringing her eyes to meet his.

Those big bright eyes are super green right now. I guess I pissed her off.

"Well there's the catch Darlin, because I don't work for you. I work for your dad...and he says I go where you go." Caleb finished off his statement with a wide grin, hoping he could charm a smile out of her.

Narrowing her eyes at him, she folded her arms across her chest, keeping her eyes locked onto his. He mimicked her body language and crossed his muscular arms across his own chest and smiled down at her to show her he was just as stubborn as she was.