Chapter Twenty Three

***If you are the type of reader that skips the smut, go ahead and skip this chapter!***

Caleb ~

Caleb had never seen someone so confident and insecure all at the same time. Lainey knew what she wanted - she wanted him. It was obvious and she had explicitly said it, but as he towered over her, he saw uncertainty in her eyes and he couldn't wait to rid her of it.

His mind couldn't help but travel to the dark place that knew she'd been mistreated before and that she was going to need a lot of reassurance and control, but Caleb was more than willing to give that to her. Hell, he'd give her anything she wanted, any way she wanted it.

He was easing her back onto the bed and hovered over her, placing light kisses on her lips as they settled onto the pillows.

Straightening himself onto his knees, Caleb grabbed the back collar of his shirt and pulled it off, tossing it on the floor beside the bed before he leaned back down and took Lainey's mouth with his. A grin spread across his face against her lips as he felt her hands glide along the rippled muscles of his chest and abdomen.

Go ahead and explore Darlin'. I'm all yours.

As he pulled away from her sweet swollen lips, his eyes darted down to her shirt as he reached for the bottom hem and slowly lifted the edge, watching carefully for her reaction.

You gonna let me take this off or are we keeping it on for a little while?

Caleb slid her shirt higher, keeping his eyes locked onto hers in search of any protest, fully prepared to stop if she showed any signs of unease, but to his surprise and delight, Lainey slowly lifted her arms giving him the go ahead to slip her shirt up over her head revealing a lacy purple bra underneath.

Jesus. How is it even possible for someone to be this beautiful?

"Holy shit Lainey," he said in a hushed voice as he drank in the sight of her.

With her eyes glued to his, Lainey slowly slid each strap off over her shoulder before reaching behind her back and unclasping her bra, peeling it away from her flesh and cupping her bare breasts in front of him.

Her eyes were wide and her posture was rigid, obviously disliking being gawked at and feeling insecure. Picking up on her discomfort and insecurities, Caleb immediately closed the space between them so she didn't feel as exposed and vulnerable, knowing that she was more comfortable with him flush against her.

"You don't have to hide from me Lainey girl. I think you're fucking perfect," he whispered in her ear as he placed one of his hands on top of hers, giving it a light tug to see if she'd relent. Lainey instantly moved her arms away from her chest at his nonverbal request, allowing him to gently lift and pin both arms above her head.

That's it sweet Lainey. You can trust me.

With her arms pinned on over he head in Caleb's strong hands, he hovered over her, letting his eyes roam down her body that was now on full display for him.

"So fucking perfect Lainey." he hummed as he buried his head into the crook of her neck.

Caleb settled his body between her legs and lowered his weight on to her as he made a trail of kisses down her neck, loving the sounds of her ragged breathing with every kiss. He licked and sucked his way down past her collarbone, making his way to those tight pink nipples that were begging for his mouth.

His eyes were unmoved and focused on hers as he opened his mouth, letting his warm breath fan against one of her nipples that drew in even tighter at the sensation. She didn't ask him to stop or pull away from him, she simply stared back at him with deep green, sultry eyes and swept her tongue across her bottom lip. Caleb flashed her a sexy smile before taking her nipple into his mouth, gently licking and flicking it with his tongue.