Chapter Seven

Caleb ~

Lainey wasn't exaggerating about her leg cramps. Her tiny toned calf muscles fought against her numerous times, spasming and contorting beneath Caleb's hands. Luckily he'd been able to catch them early, being able to feel the initial tightening of her muscles and he only had to wake her up once to take her medication, which Rosa graciously brought over to him so he didn't have to get up and disturb Lainey.

Lainey's tiny body drank up the sleep it was finally able to receive, laying unmoved with deep steady breaths for nearly five hours. Resting his hands on her legs as she slept, Caleb stayed with her on the couch with her legs draped across his lap, using his hands to detect any impending spasms of her tired muscles. He didn't mind the task at all and was quite frankly surprised that she had agreed to it, which only spoke to how exhausted she must have truly been.

Luckily, Pierce and James had joined him in the living room around hour three. Pierce gave him a knowing smile as he surveyed Lainey's sleeping body stretched across Caleb's lap. And to his surprise, he received a big grin from James as well, who seemed to understand fully what an accomplishment it was for Lainey to sleep peacefully.

The three men fired up a game of Call of Duty on the large tv screens in the living room and whispered to each other as to not wake Lainey. Caleb rested his forearms on Lainey's legs as he held the controller, giving her legs equal attention and secretly loving the skin to skin contact and grateful that she was getting some much needed rest.

When her eyes fluttered open, she stretched and yawned before she remembered that she was practically in Caleb's lap.

"Rise and shine, Bug." James said, glancing over at her briefly as he manipulated the controller in his hands.

Finally registering the placement of her legs, Lainey pulled them away from Caleb's lap and into her chest, giving him a slightly embarrassed smile as she tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear.

"How long was I asleep?"

"Almost five hours." Caleb said, stretching out his own arms and back.

"What?" she shrieked with a horrified expression as she grabbed Caleb's wrist and cocked her head to the side so she could see the face of his watch.

"Oh my God I have to go start getting ready."

"You looked awfully cozy." James said, raising his eyebrows at his sister, trying to get a rise out of her.

"I um...I mean...Caleb...who is a medical professional...was uh...he was providing a medical service...so I could...well for my medical condition..." She stuttered and stammered trying to convince James that she hadn't enjoyed Caleb's hands on her, even though the blush on her cheeks said the opposite.

"Lainey..." Caleb said with a wide grin.

"Hmm?" she said, stopping the flow of ridiculous words that had been tumbling from her mouth.

"I don't think I've ever heard anyone use the word medical so many times in one breath." he joked.

"And that's me speaking as a medical professional." He shot her a wink and watched the blush in her cheeks turn a deeper shade of red.

"I'm just going to go get ready." she finally relented with an irritated sigh, walking away and giving herself a quick slap on the forehead.

Sleepy Lainey is my favorite so far, but flustered Lainey is pretty damn cute too.

*****

Two hours later Bravo team stood in the kitchen with Ricardo and James as they waited on Lainey and Camila to emerge.