Chapter# 7

Ahmed's POV:

Four... five... six... seven... eight.

From the corner of my eye, I kept counting whenever Sandal touched her scarf near her right cheek, she does that habitually I guess.

She was sitting in front of my desk for the past fifteen minutes, looking into some invitations I asked her to assemble periodically and manage my schedule according to it. There was no need to do it though, as I have already planned everything, but still...

It was rare to see her troubled like this because somehow, she always managed to complete every task that I assign to her. I have to admit that she was smart and most importantly, a hard worker. Also, she didn't whine for every single thing as other girls do and all the things I called weird about her proved to be useful now. She may not be an ideal assistant but she is good, yet a weirdo the same time.

"Sandal, why it is taking so long?" 

"Sir, it's hard to manage it. You already have a very busy schedule." She said, raising her head.

"I didn't ask for your opinion about my schedule. Just manage it. I don't have all day." She nodded in response and focus back on her work.

In the past few days, I learned a few things about her, she kept her distance from everyone but especially from men and gets a bit nervous whenever we are both alone together. She hardly made eyes contact and started to stutter if I look into her eyes. Mamo told me that this is her first job, perhaps that's the reason why she didn't fit in.

I won't deny that she was different from the girls I have met and sometimes, these stupid things about her excite me and it's strange how I became fond of her presence in my office. It made me crazy when I tried to reason myself, but I couldn't stop myself from calling her to my office again and again.

Going to all the places I am invited wasn't necessary, Ali can handle most of them alone but still... I gave her this work, not wanting to miss the chance to trouble her.

And I wonder why... I did this.

'You are seeking her attention.' A thought surfaced up somewhere in my mind.

I shook my head, completely denying it.

"Leave it, Sandal, we don't have time. Do you remember Mr. Arshad?" I asked her and she nodded.

"Good! Take these files to his office tomorrow morning and you can go home now." I pointed towards the files and dismissed her.

She blinked her eyes twice, then hastily stood up, took the files and left the office, murmuring "Allah Hafiz"

Weirdo...

~*~

Sandal's POV:

I was about to leave with the files at reception when Mr Arshad's assistant told me that he won't be coming to the office today, but was stopped again remembering that I have to take receiving. The receptionist told me to wait as Mr Arshad son will give me the receiving.

"Assalam o Alaikum, are you here to deliver the files that Ahmed send?" I turned to the source of the voice and found a boy about the age of seventeen or maybe eighteen.

"Wallaikum Salaam, yes I bought the files and you are?"

"Good! Please come inside the office.  I am Mr Arshad's son, Papa is busy today, so I am here to collect those files." He said, leading the way to the office.

On my way, I looked at the interior of the building. Without a doubt, it was beautiful but I still liked our building more as it has a clear view of the sea. Coming into the office, he led me to a sofa and offered me to sit, as he took a seat opposite me.