Chapter#22

Not edited!

Sandal's POV:

'Ami will be coming to your house tonight.' I received Zohma's text.

'Won't you be coming?'

'Hell no! I am a Pakistani girl and Pakistani girls don't go around giving invitations for their own wedding.'

' You can simply say that you are shy.'

'Jerk!'

'Allah Hafiz ;).' Chuckling, I replied to Zohma and get back to work again.

I was expecting this visit, Zohma told me that her mother will come to give a formal invitation to her wedding after Ami's Iddat finished. Which was finished a few days ago, therefore my eldest Mamo took us to his home on the weekend. My mother has two brothers and both of them lives together in a joint family system. It was fun being with cousins and I also got the chance to tell them that we are planning to go back. My eldest Mamo wasn't happy with this idea and the younger one was too worried about Ami's health. But when Areeba told them that we want to go back for Hareem, they gave up. Basically, it really was for Hareem, she wanted to study there with her friends and classmates who survived the incident and be there for those families who lost their kids. Both Areeba and I were amazed by her thoughts and confidence. Honestly, her feelings are respectable in every way and we want to give her all our support. So, we decided to tell both of our Mamo-s and asked their help for moving back. It was hard to make them agree but somehow we succeeded. Now, we have only one month before Hareem's school started and one month to pack our stuff. I haven't told Zohma about it yet and it was of no use in the first place, she is getting married in two weeks. So, there was no point in bothering her besides, she will get busy in her new life and things will change eventually.

I yawned, trying to keep my eyes open, I haven't slept properly since it's settled that we are going back. Like others, I am excited too, as well as afraid to face our empty home. Where we meet Papa, Shobi and Palwisha on everything. It will be hard.

I yawned again, glancing at the clock, it's almost Sir's coffee time. I sighed and got up, this man sure drinks coffee a lot. He will die one day for drinking coffee so much in this hot weather.

Plus why do I have to make tea and coffee for him? Why can't he drink the coffee/tea that is made for the rest of the staff?

It's only for a few more days...

Yes, it was only for a few more days so I should do it properly. I prepared the coffee, taking the cup I walked into his office where he was busy in a call, leaning back in his seat. He straightened himself as I entered and nodded in acknowledgement when I put the cup on the table. He narrowed his eyes at me and tilted his head a little, mentioning it was enough for now. I turned on my heels and without wasting a second I walked back to my office. I grabbed my bag and took out a pocket mirror. Quickly I check my face whether there was something on it but it was clean, so why Sir look at me like that?

I shrugged and get back to work.

~

"Where is Ahmed?" Sir Ibrar asked turning his full attention towards me.

"He was about to leave."

"Hm! He is being very busy lately because of wedding preparations." I nodded in agreement.

"So, you are free to go home or you still have work?"

"Sir Ahmed gives me an early off for the day."

"Oh, means your overtime hadn't ended yet?"

I shook my head in the negative, "No, Sir."

"Hm! So what brought you here today?"