Chapter# 19

Ahmed's POV:

Stepping into my office I took off my tie and cuffs. Going into a suit on-site was a big mistake. Even after taking off my coat, it felt like I am going to melt at any second. I never liked summer, you have to be so careful about dressing specifically when you have outdoor work. I walked into the bathroom take off my shirt and washed my face. While constructing this building I especially designed this washroom with a wardrobe which I recently filled with some clothes.

Taking out a cream colour shirt I wore it and fold up its sleeves. Feeling much fresh I directly went to the kitchen to make coffee, walking back to the office I took a sip of it and made a sour face.

Sandal where are you, when I need your coffee...

I sighed looking at her office door and walked inside without thinking. My steps paused immediately when I found Sandal in her office. She was sitting in her seat with her head on the table.

What is she doing here at this hour???

Frowning, I cleared my throat loudly to make my presence known, but when she didn't move. Then I walked to the table and forcefully put the coffee cup on it, so she could wake up from the sound.

Still, no movement...

I called her name several times but no response.

Don't tell me she is really sleeping...

I patted her head first, but she didn't move. Then by holding her from shoulders, I raised her head but it fell on the desk again with a 'thud' sound.

"No way! Not again..." I mumbled and quickly check her pulse.

Her pulse was normal and her breathing too. I scooped her from the seat and lay her down on the sofa in my office. Looking at her worriedly I took out my phone to call Zohma... No!... This is not the best idea, if I call her, she will definitely ask me questions. She was so overprotective of her. But if I didn't call her...

No! Telling her is the right thing...

 I called Zohma and told her the whole situation. Ending the call I walked back to Sandal desk to take the coffee cup. At that moment my eyes landed on the computer screen and I sat down to read the opened mail.

A frown formed on my forehead after reading it.

Will she go back???

I closed the emails but before logging out, I did a thing that might call a violation of privacy. I copied her all contacts and send them to my ID.

Shutting down the PC, I took out my phone and call Zohma again, to bring a doctor with her. I went back where Sandal was and kneel down to take a closer look at her face. It was pale yellow now, the pinkish blush from yesterday was nowhere to be seen. Slowly I took off her glasses and put them near her head.

"I will not allow you to leave me, Sandal...." Whispering those words to her I got up.

~*~

"Is this the first time she collapsed like this?" The doctor asked after Sandal's checkup. I am glad that Zohma didn't bring our family doctor.

"No, it happened before." Zohma answered.

"How many times?"

"Once in a month maybe. Actually... it all started at the death of her three family members in December. But it is getting more frequent this month." Zohma said and I looked at her frowning. She never spoke of it.

"Is she on medication?"

"No! She refuses to take any."

The doctor didn't say anything, he wrote down the prescription and handed it over to Zohma.