Chapter#41 (Final Chapter)

Not edited.

Sandal's POV:

"This is Saifi House?" My eyes went wide as they landed on a mansion known as 'Saifi House'.

"Well it's a little big to call a house but that's it."

Little big???

"Anyways, come." He led me to the main door through the garden.

"It's kept well." I stated, looking at it.

"The scenery was quite different if you have seen it three months ago."

"Three months? But I thought you got the papers recently?"

"Well...! They were selling one portion of it because they couldn't return bank loans. So I bought it and the rest of it I got recently." I nodded.

As the door opened, we were greeted by a few servants. Some of them are old and know Ahmed very well, they treated both of us like we are their own kids. Later Ahmed told me that they were their old servants.

Ahmed showed me the whole mansion by himself, his grandparent's room, his parent's room, and his old room. He informed me the all the interior got change after they moved out, so the place is a little different from what it used to be. The colour of his face and the rise and fall of emotions in his voice could tell that he was feeling nostalgic.

"And this is the room specially made by my Dadi (grandmother) for us." He smiled sheepishly at me.

"For us?"

"Yes, I was their first grandchild. So they wanted the best room for me and my bride." He winked putting his arm around my shoulders and leading me in. The room was indeed big and beautiful with antique touch in it.

"It's beautiful." I said looking around.

"And we're going to live here while our stay."

"WHAT? The two of us going to live in this huge mansion alone?" My eyes widened.

"Technically, not alone. Servants will be here too."

"Oh!"

"But... I prefer to be alone." His hand slipped around my waist, pulling me closer.

"Dear husband, we 'are' alone... and I would like to take a good look at the room first." I said pushing him away.

"Sure go ahead." He mumbled bitterly.

Smiling I open the window to get the back view.

"Subhanallah!" Left my mouth unconsciously when I saw sunset behind the green mountains of Islamabad.

"It's pretty amazing that Dadi chose the best and same time the worst location of this house for our room." He said standing beside him. I gave him a questioning look.

"Do you see that quarter on left?" He pointed towards the left side and I nodded.

"That quarter is the reason for all my childhood fears.

Oh!

I quickly closed the window receiving a chuckle from him.

"What difference does it make?"

"I don't know." I said fidgeting my fingers.

~*~

After praying Isha I made tea for Ahmed and walk to the room. Finding it empty and dark I turned on the lights and sat a cup on the nearby table.

"Turn the lights off Sandal." I jumped hearing Ahmed's voice from behind.

"Y-you were here!" He startled me.