Chapter# 10

Ahmed's POV:

I laughed when the driver called me to tell that Sandal went out of the city to visit her relatives. She left the shopping bag in the car. I thought she forgot it, so I told the driver to deliver it to her house. But now it seems that she did this intentionally.

So that was the reason behind her submissive behaviour. I thought it was strange that she silently accepted everything. But leaving the bags in the car.....

I chuckled again and open my wardrobe when suddenly I heard a knock on the door.

"Yes?"

"Assalam o Allaikum, bhai. You have a minute?" Zohma came in smiling.

I nodded, "Waallaikum Assalam." I closed my wardrobe, giving her my full attention. It's rare of Zohma to be coming into my room like this.

"How is your hand?"

"It's much better now." I said, looking at my hand. "Is there a problem? Do you want to talk about something?"

"Yeah! Well.... sort of." She said, looking at her feet.

"Has it something to do with your future in-laws?" I asked, frowning.

"Eh? No! Not at all, bhai. You shouldn't always think that the only thing I want to talk to you is about my in-laws or my marriage. There are many other things than this." She says, walking to the couch and sits.

"Such as?" I said, sitting beside her.

"Such as you, your health, your activities, your work, your... assistant."

"What about Sandal?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Why did you take her shopping?" She asks with a displeased look.

"Who told you?"

"Sandal." I frowned at her name.

Why did she tell her?

"I wanted to meet her today. So I texted her to meet me after work..... But she told me that she is with you... Bhai, listen to me," She fully turned towards me, raising her hands in mid-air to stop me from talking "I am not saying that I don't like you and Sandal to be together or anything. It's just ...... if you guys are not friends then ...don't... Sandal is not the type of girl, ...you know, your truck art types assistant and the girls you mostly spend your time with. And don't spend your money on her. She may not be from a wealthy family like us, but she is not a greedy person. She believes in hard work and that is very admirable. .....So please, give her the respect she deserves." She says with pleading eyes. It irritated me.

"Why do you care about her so much? And are you here just to talk about your friend?"

"No Bhai, it's not about her. It's about you too."

"It doesn't sound like it."

"Believe me, it's not about Sandal. I wanted to ask you to give your life a new direction Bhai, what you are doing won't bring any good to any of us."

"And you are referring to....?"

"Anam." I looked at her in shock.

How did she find out about her?

"Don't give me that look, Bhai. It may not seem like it, but I know a lot more than you think." She smirked.

"Look, about Anam..." before I clarify myself, I was cut by her.

"You don't have to give explanations Bhai, it's okay. But cut all your ties with Anam and her family before Ami gets to know of this. You know how much Ami hates her family and you can get Saifi House without involving them. So there is no point left of pushing yourself or risking our happiness."