Chapter#16

Unedited!

Ahmed's POV:

I groan at the loud ringing of my phone. Opening my one eye I read the caller ID 'Imran'.

"Hello?" I yelled on the phone.

"Rise and shine honey."

"Shut up!"

"Get ready I am coming to pick you up."

"Right now? What time is it?" I asked yawning.

"Five forty-three a.m."

"Go to sleep Imran and let me sleep too."

"Hey! I am going out of the county today. So hurry up and get ready."

"Fine!" I cut the call and got up. I take a shower, brush my teeth. Wear jeans with a grey colour T-shirt and got ready. I rushed to the kitchen to take out an apple and start walking towards the main gate of my house.

~*~

"*Al-Musawwir" Imran mumbled looking at the sunrise.

We both stood at shore staring at the sun as it slowly rises from the sea. The voice we can hear was the chirping of birds and the sound of peaceful waves. Coldwater touches my feet sending a pleasant sensation to mind. After a very long silence, Imran spoke up.

"Armaghan and I went to Peshawar last week ....." He said looking at waves like he was focusing on something. After a pause, he continued, "I was told that Sandal's

little sister was shot in the arm... Her injury is better now but she still needs help to recover from the shock. So she is under the treatment of a famous psychiatrist... Sandal...had appointment too with psychiatric one... but later it was cancelled."

"Why Sandal had an appointment?" A frown formed on my forehead.

"That's exactly what I wanted to know... that's why we both went to her hometown... it was hard but we were able to get some information... remember the rumours about APS attack, that the kids were butchered?"

"I remember." I mumble.

"It seems those rumours were true and Sandal's brother was one of those unlucky kids.... and her little sister died in the suicide blast in class... there was nothing left to find... Sandal and her classmates collected the dead bodies." I stopped and both of us went to complete silence.

I wasn't thinking anything... I was staring at waves as they come and goes but not looking at them, I can hear the chirping of birds but wasn't listening to them... I stood numb...

"You know... it's not normal for a person to face such loss and take a new start so soon... especially a girl."

"She is in the state of denial?" I said out loud, it was more like a question rather than a statement.

"Perhaps or perhaps not... Even if she is in a denial state, I consider it better than other worse things that could happen to her..."

I sighed and massage my temples, "It's too much to take in."

"Hmmm, it is." He chuckled a little and continue. "It may sound stupid to you but... After knowing the whole thing, I felt a little proud and happy that you are there for her... but at the same time, I also feel a little jealous. You found someone, you can rescue. Not with your donation money or stuff but with there for her..."

I looked at him eyes widened. That's not him, where is the non-serious, flirtatious man Imran go???

He rolled his eyes noticing my surprise. "Forget what I said... I just want you to remember this Ahmed... if you are taking her as your toy then leave her alone ... fate has already played a cruel game with the victim families of terrorism... but if you are serious then you should reach her before she breaks."