Chapter#23

Sandal's POV:

"W-what do you mean?" 

"I wasn't talking in Persian."

"But Sir, I really don-"

"You're not going anywhere Sandal, nor will I let you."

"What?" I frowned and his gaze hardened. Dominating and intense.

" I want you to stay here... by my side." 

"Huh?" My voice barely came out, but quickly shook my head to self-compose myself and said, "Sir I really don't understand what you are talking about. What I am trying to say is I will not stay here ... in this city anymore." 

"And what if I stop you from leaving?" He asked spinning his phone in hand, but his gaze was glued on me.

His voice was calm usual yet it was sending shivers through my backbone. I couldn't put my finger on it, but I also sensed some change in his body language. All of a sudden, my heart started to beat like crazy and I really felt like running away.

"Why would you stop me?" I asked angrily.

Is this some kind of joke???

"Because I like you."

"If you like someone it doesn't mea- wait, what?" I cut my own sentence when I realize what he just said.

"It means, you want that someone near you... by your side...always." He got up from his seat and start walking towards me. 

Startled by his statement and his actions, I abruptly stood up. As took a step forward, I took a step back.

"What? Are you afraid of me now?" He asked frowning and I quickly shook my head in negative.

"Then why are you moving back?" I kept silent for not knowing what to answer, but I stopped myself from moving back any further.

"I asked a question Sandal." He stood near the table edge and leaned against it, crossing his arms on chest.

I took in a deep breath and said, " I-I don't have an answer ... b-but I should go now... It's getting late." He nodded slowly and I walked outside. 

As soon as I left the office I made a run to the elevator, I pressed its button.

Hurry hurry ...

I wanted to get out of here as fast as I can. The elevator's door opened and I rushed inside, but before its door closes, someone put a foot between it.

"You forgot to take your resignation back." Sir said as he came into the elevator. Holding my hand, he put four pieces of paper in it and slid his hands in his side pockets.

"One more thing. If you try any other way to resign, I will drag you to the court for any false claim I find suitable and I mean it, so don't even think about it ... Allah Hafiz." He turned on his feet and walked away.

Wh-what was that???

Squirming in a corner, clenched my hands into tight fists, I tried to control myself... fear?... anger?... I didn't know what I feel... the only thing I know was I have to get out of here. As the elevator stopped I dash out from the building without caring about my heels. I quickly take a cab and tell the driver my address.

~*~

Mr. Ibrar's POV:

"You mean I was the only one who was kept in dark?" Shama asked angrily.

" You know! That's the main problem of every typical Pakistani mother... they think they know everything related to their child... they never see them as a grown-up... they have their own thoughts Shama, they can make their own decisions ... and about this matter, he didn't tell anyone ... it's just his action made it clear." I replied in the same tone. She was about to say something but the sound of the heavy steps of Ahmed's shoes made us stop our conversation. I was waiting for him. To be honest, I was here for him. He Salam loudly and stared at me silently before walking into his room.