Chapter#18

Sandal's POV:

I step into my home saying 'Assalam o Alaikum ' loudly but my steps come to halt when I found Ami walking towards me.

I am in trouble ...

"Assalam o Allaikum Ami."

"Wallaikum Assalam, do you know what time it is?"

"Eight-thirty."

"Do you remember that I allowed you to do this job because you will get back before Maghrib. And now it's almost Isha time."

"Sorry, Ami. I was busy."

"Were you in the office?"

"No!"

"Than?"

"I was in a meeting with Sir... when we about to come back he bumped into a pole and his nose starts to bleed badly... it wasn't right to ask him to drop me home like this. So, we went to the hospital on our way here." I told half-truth and half lie.

Please forgive Allah for lying to my mother ...

"Is your boss blind that he can't see the pole in front of him?"

"Ami???" I looked in her shock, " What's wrong with you? What are you saying?"

She was about to say something but Areeba interrupted, "Ami at least let her come in. You can take her class later."

Thanks, sis...

Ami got the point and returned to the sofa. I mouthed 'Thank you' to Areeba and she went into the kitchen mentioning me to follow her. I put my stuff on the bed, take a quick shower, changed into some comfortable and go to the kitchen where Areeba was preparing dinner.

"What's for dinner?" I asked happily.

"Daal Chawal."

"Thank God...! I am so hungry."

"Why? Didn't your boss ask you for dinner?"

"Uff...First Ami and now you too? What's wrong with you guys?" I turned her to face me holding both of her shoulders.

"What is wrong with me....? what is wrong with you bajjo? You suppose to come home before Maghrib. Plus you were a stranger... with a man alone all the time. Do you have any idea how worried I was? I lied to Ami because of it that two other colleagues of yours are with you."

"Areeba... you were listening when I told the reason why I was late?"

"I am not questioning your reason bajjo. I am mad at you because you kept ignoring my texts when I asked you where you were. You should be more careful.... at least tell us your location when you are alone with him."

"Wait! Are you worried about me being with him?" She didn't answer.

"Areeba?"

"Yes!" She stated.

I sighed and said, "Listen! ...He might be rich and a jerk, but he is not that kind of man. He can be trusted."

"And what makes you so sure about it???"

Her question got me off guard, I didn't understand how to answer her and I am not even sure why I said such a thing. I don't know him much, so why I believe that he will not harm me.

"See! That's what I am worried about." She said and passed across me, leaving me alone in the kitchen.

After it whenever I tried to bring up the topic, she dodges it.

~*~

Ahmed's POV:

I punched the punching bag again and again. I feel frustrated?... Yes!... I was keeping this secret from everyone,... only my few friends and my family knows about it... and now that girl... that weird girl knows.