Chapter#28

Sandal's POV:

I was fully drenched with seawater, leaving me no choice but to take a shower again. Coming out of the bathroom I ran towards the kitchen to make breakfast but to my surprise I found Ahmed making tea for us. He also fried eggs which were already served on the kitchen counter. I slowly reached him and stood beside him.

"Let me help."

"No, it's fine. Have a seat and start your breakfast." He said without making eye contact.

Is he mad at me???

Feeling somewhat dejected I silently start eating, soon joined me on my plate after putting our teacups on the counter.

"There is another plate too you know." I blurted out.

"It's fine." He said pulling his stool close to mine. He ate rather quickly, so he finished before me.

"What's today's plan?" He asked taking a sip of tea.

"I don't have any plans."

"Hm!.... so why don't we watch some movies?"

"I am not into movies." I mumbled.

"Okay! Then tell me what to do?"

"You can... talk?" It came out like a question.

"That's a good idea... but mind telling me whom should I talk to?"

"...To me?"

"Oh yeah! Right ... you can talk to ... I forget this fact sometimes." His voice held sarcasm. Knowing how mad he was, I remain quiet.

"Have you been to Karachi before now?" He asked after a while.

"Once, we came here on holidays with everyone."

"So, you like here?" He asked leaning against the counter.

"Yes! It's a very lively place."

"Ahan! It is... so you also study at APS. Right?" I nodded.

"In co-education?"

"Yes!" I took a sip of my tea.

It tastes horrible...

"And college?... it was co-ed too. Right?" I narrowed my eyes looking at the cup.

What is he getting at????

"I thought you already had my background check."

"I did, but there many things I want to hear from you."

"What sort of things?" I asked and he leaned closer to look into my eyes.

"Maybe some other time." He backed away and put our plates and cups into the washbasin.

When I got up to wash it, he grabbed my hand and dragged me to the living room. He settled me down on the sofa by putting his hands on my shoulder and sat beside me. Then he took out a box and handed it over to me.

"What is this?"

"A gift... since our wedding was held in such a rush Ami didn't get time to order it." I looked at the black velvet box in my hands and open it. There was a diamond ring inside.

"Is...is this a diamond?" I stuttered.

"Yes it is!... why don't you like it?"

"No, it's gorgeous ... but I can't wear this... it's too expensive." I said giving him back the ring. He sighed and took out the ring from the box and put it on my finger.