Chapter#38

Not edited.

Ahmed's POV:

Experience is remoulding us every moment and our reaction to everything. It is resultant of our experience from the past till up to the day. Our experiences also overlapped by new and from this point, the change begins. That's what exactly happening to me.

I looked at my wife sleeping face and place a kiss on her forehead. Yesterday she was holding me in her arms, protecting me from my fears. Like she always does, at such moments I really wished to put my ego as a man on a side and cry out all my pain, but I can't... even knowing that she will never take advantage of my state. But... I want to be a protector, instead of being protected.

I moved aside to take a proper look if her face but once again she comes forward and snuggled into my chest.

She is really strange ...

I chuckled and squeezed her tight into my arms.

Let's see what she does on waking up!

I close my eyes fell asleep again before I know it.

~*~

Sandal's POV:

Before opening my eyes I took a deep breath and felt Ahmed shuffle a little. Slowly I opened my eyes and push him to get up but my hands come in contact with the warm skin of his chest instead of fabric.

He is sleeping without a shirt again...

I gasped and start pushing him harder.

Aaaah! Why he has to be so strong??

"Suniye, wake up." I shook him.

"No." He said, pulling me more closely.

"C-cant breathe." I managed to utter and he loses his grip.

Taking advantage of this I quickly sits up. I frowned at him, I don't like when he sleeps half-naked.

Liar, you are afraid to be caught on drooling over him...

My inner voice said.

My eyes roamed over his broad shoulder and muscles but quickly averted my eyes. Uff! Whom am I kidding? He really looks so... hot? I guess.

But I can't tell him.

"Mr Ahmed Wali how many tim-" Before I could complete the sentence, I was pulled by arm and pinned down on the bed with Ahmed hovering over me.

Heat start rushing to my face and I found myself unable to meet his gaze, but I was also too embarrassed to watch his naked chest. So I do the first thing that came to my mind, I close my eyes tightly. I heard a deep chuckle and I mentally facepalm myself for my stupidity.

"Open your eyes, Sandal." His voice held amusement. I shook my head in negative.

"Open them." He whispered close to my face and I didn't budge.

"Sandal!" His voice had a warning tone, which I ignore and felt his lips on mine the next moment. I felt my breath hitched at the contact but didn't find the strength to open my eyes. The warmth stayed there for a while before start travelling to the neck, leaving me breathless.

"I-I need to go to the bathroom." I blurted, as he reached to my neckline. He lifted his head and look at me in disbelief.

"Move please, hurry up." I know if I wavered a little he will catch my lie. He sighed, giving me space to leave and without wasting a second I rushed into the bathroom.

I glanced at my tomato colour face in the vanity mirror and facepalm myself. Whenever I run away from Ahmed I find myself sitting on an old Urdu idiom 'Bakre ki maa kab tak khair manaye gi. Kabhi to churi kay neechaye aye gi.' (One day or another the goat will be the victim of butcher's knife.)