Chapter#21

Not edited:

Sandal's POV:

With shaking hands, I rang my house bell. The door was soon opened by Hareem. Her eyes were swelled and her nose was red ... I don't want the reason behind it.

Asalam o Allaikum bajjo!"

"Wallaikum Salam."  As I stepped into the living room, I saw Ami sitting numbly on the floor, clenching two bags to her chest.

"Ami...!" Throwing my bag on the side and ran towards her. I sat before her, she looked at me and before dropping her eyes to bags again.

"Ami!... Ami, look at me. " I said cupping her face with my both hands.

"B-bags...are here... b-but where are kids? Sandal why didn't your brother and sister come back?.... call them Sandal ... ask them... when are they coming back?"

"Ami ....!" I embraced her tightly.

"Ask them, Sandal... Ask them... they say they won't come.... why won't they... I sent them with these bags, what will I tell you father?... why didn't they... ask them why they took away my kids like that-" she started to shout hysterically and I tightened my grip on her to calm her. I can also hear Hareem sobs and Areeba voice, who is trying to hush her.

Slowly Ami sobs died down and her body relaxed a bit. Areeba and I helped her get up and make her to the bed. Quickly Areeba went to the kitchen and brought dinner, which she barely eats and lay down after taking medicine.

"Bajjo, eat something, Hareem will not eat alone. I will take care of Ami." Areeba said after a while, as she sat beside me.

"Areeba! Does anything else come with bags?"

"You mean school notification?" I nodded.

"Hareem has it."

"...Did she say anything?"

"She wants to go back." She sighed.

"Why?"

"I think you should ask her yourself." Nodding my head I got up and walk to my room. Where Hareem was looking at Palwisha's stationery items.

"Hareem! Aren't you hungry? It's getting late." I asked, taking out my clothes from the closet.

"Bujjo! Don't you miss them?" My hands stopped for a moment before I turn around to face her. She was standing near the closet with questioning eyes. Cupping her face I kissed her forehead.

"Of course I miss them... a lot."

"Then why don't you cry like everyone else?"

"Because you can't always cry... I miss them every minute. So, would it be okay if I cry every minute?" She shook her head in negative.

"Let's eat something." I patted her head and walk into the bathroom.

A cold shower was relaxing in this warm weather. It washed away all my tiredness. It would've been better if it's washed away my pain too.

'Bujjo! Don't you miss them?'

I sigh and finished bathing quickly. Walking out from the bathroom I peeked into Ami's room making sure she was sleeping, I prayed Isha prayer. After dinner, I prayed and I lay down beside Hareem. I love to cuddle someone or something while sleeping.

"Bujjo?" Hareem call.

"Hm?"

"Can I say something?"

"Sure."

"I want to go back."

"...why? Don't you like here?" I saw that was coming.