Chapter#11

Sandal's POV:

"Tell me the truth Sandal, what happened yesterday night? I will not be buying 'nothing' as an answer. So you better spill it out." Zohma asked me with her arms crossed. This is probably the fifth time she asked me this question and I am trying to avoid this topic as much as I can.

Right now, we are sitting in her room, on her bed. Early this morning, I received a text from her to get ready and that she will pick me up in fifteen minutes. I called her and gave an excuse for today but she wouldn't listen and within eleven minutes, she was on my doorstep. Leaving me with no choice but to go with her.

"Spill out what?"

"Why did you guys come home early from yesterday's party? And why was Bhai angry?"

"Ask your brother, how would I know why he was angry."

"But he won't answer me." She whined.

"Sorry, not my fault." I shrugged.

Suddenly, she narrowed her eyes on me then widened, "Don't tell me, you two broke up?"

"WHAT?" I almost shouted. "What do you mean by 'broke up'?"

"'Broke up' means broke up, idiot."

"I know what it means, idiot. There isn't anything between us for it to 'broke', okay? He is the employer and I am his employee." I said, glaring at her.

"That's it? Not even friends?"

"Not even friends. And besides, who'd want to be friends with your brother?" I mumbled the last part.

"Hey! I heard that." She threw a cushion at me which I easily caught.

"Seriously, tell me what happened yesterday. Why was he angry?"

"I honestly don't know, okay. We got separated there, it was my first time attending such a party so I panicked a little. I tried to find him but failed. Not knowing what to do, I stood in a corner. Then he showed up with an angry face and announced we are leaving the party."

"That's it?"

"Yes, that's it."

"You didn't question him?"

"About what?"

"About leaving the party."

"Nope!"

"Why?"

This is getting annoying. I don't want to talk about it.

"Because I don't talk to him much, nor ask him questions, okay. Now change the topic. Why am I here?"

"No reason." She said, grinning, "And besides... Ami and Muskan are at Mamo's house, so I bring you here." She announced like she had won a trophy. Giving her a doubtful look, I nodded.

"Don't worry, I won't eat you." She winked, "Oh! I forgot to show you my house." Her eyes widened in the sudden realization. She jumped out of bed and dragged me out of the room.

I've never seen a house this big. So I am kind of excited about it. At first, she showed me her mother's room, sister's room, and two guest rooms. This is the upper floor, connected by white marble stairs.

Then she led me downstairs and showed me the drawing-room, kitchen, and living room. There is only one bedroom here which belonged to Sir. When she was about to enter, I grabbed her by the hand.

"What are you doing? Don't disturb him." I don't want to face him, at least not right now.

"Relax! He left after we came. So the room is empty."