Chapter#30

Dedicating this chapter to
Ragan3446
Khatija Hussain
Thank you for the continued support!

Not edited.

Sandal's POV:

I stepped outside the car and was greeted by the old familiar-looking houses, faces and front door of my house. Most of the neighbourhood kids yelled my name wave their hands at me.
Ahmed also came beside me.

"Are we going inside or not?" He asked.

"Oh sorry. Come." We walked over to the door and Ahmed open his palm in front of me, "Keys."

It took me a minute to register what he said.

Oh my Allah! Keys...

" Ah... I don't have keys." I said to him biting my inner lip.

"What?" His voice was deadly.

"Sorry!"

"Sorry?... what do you mean by sorry? ... how can you be so stupid? You came all the way from Karachi to Peshawar and you forgot to bring the keys." He scolded me in low voice and I kept quiet looking at the floor.

"Now what are you doing? Let's go to a hotel." I nodded and walked back to the car but Ahmed didn't come with me. I looked back and found him pushing the gate after unlocking it. My mouth drops open and I ran back to him.

"H-how did you?" I pointed to the gate and he shows me the house keys in his palm.

"How did you get those?"

"Well... I have my source." He grabbed my hand and dragged me inside... to my home.

"Everything is changed." I mumbled

The front yard where Papa had done gardening... was gone, leaving dried dead stems behind. After crossing the front yard, Ahmed opened the main door.

I step inside first, "Assalam o Allaikum." I unconsciously said out loud and waited for an answer.

I felt my stomach drop when the answer never came. I looked at Ahmed from the corner of my eyes. Standing near the entrance he was carefully observing me. I was sure that if I break down now, he will drag me to Karachi and never let me come here again.

Taking a deep breath I walked to Areeba's and Hareem's room, taking in every single detail. Then I went to Ami and Papa's room, somehow it felt a bit different, I get the same feelings from mine and Palwisha's room and when I entered Shoaib's room, I found it empty. There was nothing except his bed. His pictures, trophies, computer, CD collection everything was gone.

"Where is this stuff?" I mumbled.

"Ahmed, come here... for a second."

"Hm?"

"His stuff is gone."

"Yeah,... we took care of it."

"Took care of it? ... what do you mean? And who are we.?"

"We will talk about it later... for now, let's go for lunch." He ate breakfast early so it was obvious he would be hungry.

"Okay!" I glanced at Shoaib's room once before walking outside.

~*~

Ahmed's POV:

We didn't go back to the house directly after lunch. First, we buy some groceries, to help Sandal divert her mind. Then we circle around aimlessly on city streets till night. I asked different things about her life here and customs. We stop to have tea, to eat ice cream.