Chapter 19: An Old Friend

I KNOW I KNOW, PLEASE DON'T KILL ME FOR THE LATE UPDATE. IT IS MUCH LONGER THAN MY OTHERS BUT I HAVE A REASON.

I WAS GONE FOR A VERY LONG TIME, AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER, NOT ABLE TO TYPE. I JUST GOT BACK YESTERDAY AND I FELT REALLY BAD FOR LEAVING YOU GUYS HANGING FOR SO LONG.

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DON'T LIKE THE CONSTANT POINT OF VIEW CHANGE I'M SORRY, CAUSE ITS STILL HAPPENING.

I REALIZE THAT THROUGHOUT MY FANFIC I HAVE SWITCHED FROM PAST TO PRESENT TENSE, AND REST ASSURED, ONCE I AM DONE I WILL GO THROUGH THE WHOLE THING AND FIX IT.

MANNY’S POV

Slowly I pull back from my spyglass.

I shake my head in disbelief.

Have my eyes deceived me? I leaned forward, looking again.

I whisper, “He’s not ready. It’s not his time.”

For never have had a nightmare I was certain what had just occurred was close. “I’m so sorry child. I will make this right.”

I raise a hand, summoning my most trusted moonbeam. The same one who helped my dearest friend Nightlight destroy Pitch so many years ago.

“Nathaniel!” I step off the pedestal for my spyglass.

Waddling down the staircase I stumble over a little glowworm.

I stop and pick it up, “Oh I am so sorry! Are you alright?” The little creature smiles and flutters away.

“Nathaniel!” I chuckle. “Where are you blasted beam?”

A blue glowing light came into view. I sigh in relief.

It drifted ever closer to me and I smiled.

I greet him. “My dearest Nathaniel. I have a very important job for you.”

I whisper my request to him and his light burns brighter.

NATHANIEL’S POV

I slowly drift down next to Jack.

The other Guardians are frozen in a stare down with Pitch the Nightmare King.

The boy is lifeless.

I hover over him, my light reflecting on his white skin.

Slowly I seep into him.

 …

NORTH POV

Pitch stands over me, triumphant.

“How does it feel to have lost? Oh please do tell, for I am longing to know.” He tilts the scythe upwards bringing my downward gaze up to his. The cold blade sends chills through me.

“Still upset about your winter spirit? There’s nothing you can do now is there. We needed him dead, don’t you understand? W-“ He looks to the side and freezes.

I’m puzzled. Had he been saying ‘we’?

“You.” He spits out the word with as much hatred I’ve ever heard come out of a single word.

PITCH’S POV

Anger bubbles deep within me, though for some reason it did not feel as if it was my own. “You.” I repeat. I take the scythe away from North’s chin and take a step towards the beam that’s hovering over Jack.