Chapter 6: Memory

*GUYS THERE ARE POSSIBLE SPOILERS BELOW! PLEASE DON'T CONTINUE AND THEN GET MAD. *

*ALSO, I'M VERY SORRY ABOUT ALL OF THE SHORT CHAPTERS, THIS WILL BE THE LAST SHORT CHAPTER I'LL DO. I'M WORKING ON ANOTHER CHAPTER RIGHT NOW THAT'S LONGER, SORRY ABOUT THAT:/*

...

I was back with my sister again, what was this? I had a sister? I could see myself except this was a different form of me. I had brown hair and dark eyes. All of these new pieces to the puzzle of my life were freaking me out.

I look back over to the forms. Me and who I now remembered to be my sister were on the edge of the ice.

A long lost memory.

My sister turned to me. "Don't you just love the snow?"

"It's my favorite part of the year Sis." I reply, extending my tongue to catch the gently falling snow.

I move towards the pond and take a step onto the ice.

"Jack!" My sister yells. "We shouldn't be on the ice. Mommy said it wasn't safe." She was acting as if she were my mother.

"Oh have a bit of fun Sis!" I use skates on my feet and head to the center of the pond.

I look at myself watching the small cracks form but pushing them to the side of my thoughts, ignoring them. I try yelling at myself. "Don't go out there! Get off of the ice!"

But my form can't hear or see me. I'm helpless, forced to watch what happened so many years ago.

"Come on, you're not too afraid are you?" I call out in a mocking, almost taunting tone.

My sister sticks out her tongue and starts to inch towards me. I stand waiting for her in the middle of the pond, but a loud crack stops her progress.

"Jack!" she screams. She falls backwards onto the soft snow bank. Her eyes wide with fear.

I have fallen to my knees.

I start slowly making my way to the edge of the dangerous pond, terrified at the cracks that now plagued the iced over pond, that I chose to ignore.

Another giant crack was forming beneath me.

I froze and look at my sister with sad, petrified eyes as the ice beneath me shatters.

I fall into the icy water so cold it feels as if it's burning me.

For a brief moment I was still on the ice looking at my sister crying, yelling out my name before I was sucked back to my form that was below the icy waters.

It is dark under the water; And cold, oh so very cold.

I'm trying to swim to the top, without progress, not moving anywhere.

My frantic strokes to reach the surface are slowing down.

Soon the slowed motions have stopped. I'm not even moving them anymore.

Now I'm slowly sinking to the bottom, running out of air.

I blink, a non visible tear melting away in the frozen water, my eyes flash blue for a brief moment then turn back to their natural color. I close my eyes, realizing, never to be opened until the Man in the Moon wakes me.

I look up, the bright moon glossy, as if The Man in the Moon has started to cry with my sister.