Epilogue: A Flash of Gold

THIS HAS BEEN SO MUCH FUN YOU GUYS! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING THIS AND FOR TELLING ME WHAT YOU THINK. IT ALWAYS BRIGHTENS MY DAY TO HEAR FROM YOU. AGAIN THE PAST AND PRESENT TENSE WILL BE FIXED SOMETIME AFTER THIS, ONCE I CAN ACTUALLY GET TO IT.

SADLY THIS IS THE LAST CHAPTER THAT I HAVE FOR THIS STORY…BUT I HOPE THAT I GET ENOUGH TIME TO WRITE A SECOND ONE. I'VE GOT PLENTY OF IDEAS I JUST NEED TO BE ABLE TO GET THE TIME TO WRITE IT. IF I DO END UP WRITING A SECOND ONE, I WILL TELL YOU ALL, AND YES IT WILL BE A SEQUEL TO THIS ONE. THE UPDATES WILL PROBABLY OCCUR SLOWLY, BUT STILL.

THIS HAS BEEN A ROLLERCOASTER WRITING FOR YOU ALL, BUT I HOPE YOU HAVE ENJOYED MY FIRST ATTEMPT AT WRITING A FANFICTION! IF YOU DO HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT MY FANFIC, GO AHEAD AND ASK, I WILL RESPOND THE BEST I CAN. REVIEW AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK! ANYWAYS, I FEEL LIKE I'M JUST RAMBLING ON AND ON NOW. ENJOY THE EPILOGUE TO MY FANFIC, A FLASH OF GOLD (P.S. THE TITLE WILL MAKE MORE SENSE BY THE END OF THIS UPDATE I PROMISE)

JACK'S POV

A deep snoring sound echoes through my head.

Gradually I open my eyes ever so slightly, just so I can see through my eyelashes.

North sits on a chair next to me; his head leaned back, mouth wide open with a small line of drool dripping down his beard, obviously asleep. Boy he must be tired; I've never heard anyone snore so loud.

I slowly try to sit up "Agh," I wince as pain shoots through my chest. I breathe to take in some cold air. Looking down I see my frosted blue hoodie gone, thick bandageswrapped around me in its place.

"Oh, so I'm not dead."

Tooth giggles and I watch as she flies through the doorway, new bandages and medicine in her arms. "I'm surprised to see you awake. How do you feel?"

I rest my head on the headboard. "Like I should be dead."

She smiles and sets down the supplies she brought in on the bedside table next to me. "We're all so glad you're alright! We thought Pitch had killed you." She starts to ramble, talking faster than I can keep up. "I mean; we saw him stab you and everything. Blood was all around you. Then this moonbeam, I swear I've seen it before…but it comes down and before we know it. Poof!" Her hands motion in the air, her feathers pop up then go back down. "You were glowing. Then you defeated Pitch, after saying something…" She shakes her head quickly. "I don't really know what it was, we couldn't hear you."

I'm surprised. "Glowing…I did what? Whoa, whoa, whoa…slow down Tooth. I can't take it in fast enough."

She nods quickly, and then tilts her head to the side. "Do you remember what you said?"

"I remember everything" I smile, "Well almost everything, I don't remember after being stabbed, but the moonbeam, his name is Nathaniel. He spoke for the Moon to me. He gave me the choice to live again…and gave me back my memories," Looks over at Tooth's confused form. "All of them. He told me about Pitch. Did you know what happened to him?"

"Yes, yes, but what did you tell Pitch?" Her voice has a tinge of eagerness in it.

"That his daughter's alive."

Her jaw drops, then she looks at me questioningly. "You weren't lying were you?"

I shake my head "No. I was very much telling the truth."

"But that's impossible…how?"

"Pitch's daughter is alive Tooth. The moon chose her centuries ago."

Tooth's hands rest on her hips. "Well then who is she? Wouldn't we have known about her?"

I sigh, "Pitch's daughter is Mother Nature."

North snorts in his sleep and Tooth flies around talking faster than the speed of light.

I zone out, retreating into my own thoughts.

I'll find a way to help you Pitch. I know this wasn't your fault. You're not the monster.

...

3RD PERSON POV

Whispers emanate from the darkness of Pitch's lair. "You failed us. We wanted the boy and you let us down, he was within your grasp, dead like we wanted, but you failed with our one simple request." A thick fog began to clear, revealing a kneeling Pitch, clutching his head in his hands. "It's not my fault. I'm sorry." His voice is filled with pain, but it sounds…gentle.

Black tendrils branch out towards him, coming from the wall. They grip his arms and wrap around him, pinning him to the ground forcing his head up. His eyes flash. "It wasn't my fault." Pitch repeats.

A hiss of many voices comes from the darkness. "We gave you a chance, we manipulated the boy's mind to get him to you and you threw your chance away. He was within your grasp more than once. You're weak. You couldn't even kill the boy without our help." They spit.

Pitch cringes. The shadows begin to shift, "Your memory of your daughter makes you weak."

The Nightmare King's eyes widen in fear, and the voices continue, "We must remove that weakness."

"No...please." Pitch whimpers tears brimming in his eyes.

The darkness rushes at him, completely engulfing him. He can feel the memories of his daughter being ripped away. He cries out in pain. The screams pierce through the black air as the fearlings take Pitch's memories.

His eyes flash from green to gold.

...