Chapter 3: Ensnared

Walking back to the dark corridor is like walking back into a nightmare. Pitch approaches me from the shadows. "Hello Jack. You're making the right choice. The guardians will no longer be able to ignore you."

I look around and spot one of Pitch's Night Mares its glowing eyes staring deep into my soul, a growing pit uncertainty crawls back into my mind.

"I'm not so sure about this. Maybe this was I mistake." I start to walk out but I don't make it very far.

Pitch lunged at me slamming me against the wall his hand on my throat his sharp teeth forming a twisted smile. "Where do you think you're going? You agreed to my proposition. You want the Guardians to notice you don't you?"

I struggled against his grip trying to break free. His hand tightened on my throat causing me to gasp for air. My vision started to have black spots, my lungs felt like they were going to explode. Is this what it felt like to die?

His other hand formed a ball of black sand he looked at it for a minute then flattened it on my chest. It started to spread. First going to my legs, growing tighter each time I moved.

"Don't try to resist it, you wouldn't want anything bad to happen to that poor little friend of yours." His hand came off my throat, but the black sand kept me glued to the wall. I gulped in cold mouthfuls of air.

Jamie, how did he know about-

"Oh yes Jack I can still see everything in your mind, I can also warp you thoughts" My image of Jamie quickly became into a terrifying scene of Jamie being engulfed by shadows; I shake the thought thinking to myself, it's not real, it's not real.

His voice was in my head again. "Maybe that won't be real, but this, dear Jack, is very real"

"Killing me won't do anything." I forced out.

"Kill you?" He looked surprised at that comment. "Who said anything about killing you? No, I have something worse planned for you."

The sand now had reached my mouth, gagging me as I tried to cry out, I reached for the sand and it spread to my all the way to my hands causing me to let go of my staff.

"This is a nightmare Jack," the sand was starting to cover my eyes, I looked at my staff right in front of me, so close, yet out of reach from my restrained hands. "Your nightmare."

...