Chapter 11: The Battle Begins

Jack's POV

Pitch took me to another room.

 “Stand right there” My body obeyed. “Good, now stay still.” He chuckled at this knowing I couldn’t do anything about it even if I felt like it.

 He started to sprinkle black sand on me while I just stood there.

 I urged myself to run but to no avail.

 My feet are beginning to be engulfed by the shadowy sand. I’m freaking out, I try again, willing myself to get as far away from Pitch as possible but my body stays silent, unmoving.

 I start to feel myself being sucked somewhere else, much like the feeling of going through one of North’s portals.

 Swiftly traveling somewhere else I knew I was no longer in Pitch’s layer, we were hovering on a platform of black sand. All around me everything was dark.

 Pitch appeared in front of me the look of nastiness in his eyes matched his voice. “Are you ready to do something for me Jack?”

 My voice responded, it sounded robotic like I was in a trance. “I’m at your disposal.”

 … 

Pitch's POV

I chuckled.

 That won’t be necessary, yet. I think to myself.

 “Good,” I smoothed black sand over my palm and threw it in the air and catch Jack’s staff; I had transported it to our present location.

 I clutched the staff, handing it over to Jack with a blank expression. “I want you to destroy the Guardians. When the time comes I want to you to help me take away the last chances they have of defeating me.”

 Jack stood unblinking facing me.

 “Whatever you desire, master.”

 Smirking I turned my back to him. “Excellent,” I looked over the platform spotting North’s sleigh coming towards us filled with the four worried Guardians, I feel the corners of my mouth twisting to a grin, “Because the Guardians have just arrived.” 

 … 

North's POV

I had seen the black cloud from far away, but now I knew for certain that Pitch was here.

 I directed the reindeer up higher so we could see him, another figure stood beside him.

 I did a double take. It was Jack. He was hardly recognizable.

 His hair was the usual messiness that it always was but black, just as black as shadows, his skin the same gray as Pitch’s, and his eyes. They were the same ominous yellow as Pitch’s; Glowing, cold and unfeeling.

 Had we really lost Jack? Even if we did get him back would he ever be the same? I come back to reality, brought back due to the present situation.

 Pitch must have seen us.

 He rose from the platform, lifting his arms a wall of shadows, no, Nightmares came rushing at us.

 I jerked the reigns avoiding the would-have-been collision, but the Nightmares turn coming toward us the second time.

 We’re passing by houses and Tooth flies off, beginning the fight with the Nightmares.

 “I need to help her,” Bunnymund yelling so I can hear him. Quickly he hops off landing on the street below.

 I glance at Sandy, “Just you and me now Sandy?” 

He shrugs.

 We pass a lone Nightmare as it’s diving towards the street, Sandy jumps onto it, placing his hand on the neck spreading dreamsand on it, turning it into a manta ray, Sandy floats then lands back on it riding it down to where Bunnymund is fighting.

 “No, just me.”

 I let go of the reigns knowing the reindeer will continue to fly, and stand on the back of the sleigh, fighting off any Nightmare that dares come close enough.

 … 

Sandy's POV

I fly up higher, throwing a load of dreamsand into the air, forming an airplane.

 I hop into it and straighten out my dreamsand goggles.

 The majority of the Nightmares are coming from the platform Jack is still on. My heart aches.

 Jack. I had to help him.

 I fly the plane up higher; I then transfigure the plane into a platform for myself.

 I bring out my Dreamsand whips and begin my attack.

 There are so many Nightmares, but I continue to battle them. 

 I couldn't have known what was about to happen.

 ...

Pitch's POV

 I watch the Sandman fighting off my Nightmares with a smirk on my face. He’s too distracted to notice me.

 I chuckle to myself.

 A black sand bow forms in my hands; an arrow appearing as well, ready to shoot. I draw the arrow back to my cheek, the Sandman in my sight.

 "Say goodbye to Sanderson Mansnoozie, Guardians!" I released the arrow.

...