Opera

In Phil and Elizabeth's House

Later At Night

Jesse was in a black short dress ready to go to the opera and now was trying to find Andrew. Jesse hears music coming from Phil and Elizabeth's room, she makes her way into the room to see Andrew in one of Phil's suits. "What are you doing?" Jesse asks him making Andrew look at her. "I have nothing." Andrew said to her making Jesse walk into the room. "I use my money to get you the things you want." Andrew said to her making Jesse nods her head. "You need to stop doing that." Jesse said to him and she fixes his tie. "You look very nice." Jesse said to him with a smile. "Nice." Andrew said to her. "What were you going for?" Jesse asks him. "Impressive and sexy like you." Andrew said to her making Jesse smile a little and she walks over to one of Phil's watches. Jesse walks back to Andrew. "Give me your hand." Jesse said to him and Andrew gives her his hand and Jesse puts on the gold watch. "You should know..." Andrew said while Jesse puts the watch on and she looks at him. "I love you." Andrew said to her. "You are ridiculous." Jesse said to him making Andrew put his arm around her lower back. "Am I now." Andrew said to her and they share a slow kiss.

At The Opera

Jesse and Andrew walk down the hallways with some people looking at them. Jesse links her arm with Andrew as they go to their seats. The two take their seats and the opera starts while the woman was singing, Jesse sees a guy looking at her and he gives her a wink. Andrew sees that and he puts his arm around Jesse making her look at him. Andrew smiles at her and they share a quick kiss. Andrew looks at the guy again giving him a look that says, 'Mine'.  

At The End Of The Opera

Jesse and Andrew were on stage to talk to Versace. Andrew looks over at Jesse to see her looking around the stage. Andrew smiles, he wants to make her happy and get a home for them. "Did you enjoy?" Versace asks them while walking onto the stage. "We loved it." Andrew said to him while Versace gave the two a drink. "We thought it was inspiring." Jesse said to him making Versace smile at her. "You are creative, right?" Versace asks them. "Oh, pfft, of course, very much." Andrew said to him while Jesse walks over to him. "What do you do for work?" Versace asks them. "This and that." Jesse said to him. "And for our first job, we worked for my father on his pineapple plantations in the Philippines...Can you imagine that? Picking them in the midday sun. You should've seen us. My father was a-a military man. He was a pilot for Imelda Marcos, The First Lady of the Philippines." Andrew said to him. "Really?" Andrew said to him. "Yes. He flew one of those old planes, the, um, the type that Buddy Holly died in. Beechcraft Bonanza, they're called, if you know them. He would fly them low to the ground because Imelda was terrified of crashing, and that is a true story." Jesse said to him. The two start making up a brilliant story about Andrew's father, supposedly owning a pineapple plantation, flying planes for the military, all sorts of grandiose things. "My father would tell her, "Imelda, when you're flying a plane" at miles per hour in a rickety tin can, it doesn't, it doesn't matter how high you are." Andrew said to him with a chuckle. "And then you two moved to America." Versace said to them. "My father wanted me to have the very best education with my girl." Andrew said to him making Jesse smile a little. "Which, of course, I had. He's retired from the military now. He runs all of his businesses from abroad, 'cause he can. Who knew that there was so much money to be made in pineapples? He was here the other day, he was just in town." Andrew said to him while Jesse sits down on a chair. "He was driving around in his Rolls-Royce with his boyfriend as a chauffeur." Andrew said to him. "Boyfriend?" Versace said to him. "Please, don't ask." Andrew said to him. "Your father has a boyfriend?" Versace asks him as Andrew walks over to Jesse and sits down next to her. "He left my mom and ran off with one of the young men who worked on the plantations. It was cute, I guess. It's all so crazy. I'm writing a novel about it" Andrew said to him. Jesse looks at Andrew as he claims he's writing a novel about everything, too. What's interesting for Jesse to see is the parallel, between such a genuine, passionate man as Gianni versus a fake guy like Andrew. But she didn't care, she loves Andrew even if he lies a lot to get what he wants. "You are?" Versace said to him. "Mm-hmm, he has the patience to write one." Jesse said to him making Andrew look at her. "I wish I had the patience to write a novel." Versace said to them while Andrew kisses Jesse's cheek. "But my mind is always moving, you know? I think you need great stillness to write a novel. And I'm never still." Versace said to them. "Maybe you just need a crazy family." Jesse said to him. "For me, family's everything. Everything." Versace said to him while Jesse puts her head on Andrew's shoulder. "The first dress I ever made was for my sister Donatella. Maybe every dress I make is for her." Versace said to them. "That makes me want to cry." Jesse said lying to him. "Makes me smile." Versace said to her. "Uh, yes, well, that, too. Yeah, of course." Jesse said to him and Andrew rubbed her back. "The Medusa logo, from my company... You know it?" Versace asks them. "So sophisticated." Andrew said to him. "As children, we used to play in ancient ruins close to our home in Calabria. And one day, I saw the Medusa's head with the...hair of snakes carved on the stone, and I fell in love. I know that many people call it pretentious, but I don't care. How could my childhood be pretentious?" Versace said to them. "A agree." Jesse said to him. "My hope is that when people... - wear my clothes, they will get to know me a little bit, you know? They will get to know my character, my-my love for life. And I think that the same will happen with your novel. People will get to know you a little bit when they read your book." Versace said to them. "I'll send you an advanced copy." Andrew said to him with a smile. "You think I should change my name to something a little more literary? I was, I was thinking Andrew DeSilva." Andrew said to him. "No. You should be proud of your name." Jesse said to him making Andrew smile at her and he looks at Versace again. "When they make a movie of my book, you must design the clothes. You have to. You... for Imelda, think of it. She was a fashion icon, it'll be perfect. You know she had three thousand, pairs of shoes." Andrew said to him. "I know, but I don't design shoes. But maybe I could try, for your movie." Versace said to him. "Maybe." Andrew said to him as Versace stands in front of them. "I'm so happy right now." Andrew said to them making Jesse smile at him. "You should be. You're handsome, and clever. You have this beautiful girl by your side." Versace said to him as he walks closer to Jesse and he sees an eyelash on her cheek. Versace puts his finger on her and takes it off. "I'm sure... you two will be something really special one day." Versace said to them while looking at the two.