For Love

April 27, 1997

One Week Before The Murder Of Lee Miglin

At David Madson's Loft

Jesse walks out of her room and Jesse walks to the fridge to get something to drink. Then David's dog Prints walks over to her making Jesse look at him. "Hey." Jesse said to Prints with a smile as David walks out of his room on the phone. "I know I'm not the most senior or experienced, but...no one has worked harder on this project." David said making Jesse look at him. "I'd like to be the one who presents." David said as Jesse walks over to him as David sits at the table. "I-I promise I won't let you down." David said as Jesse looks up to see Andrew staring at her making Jesse look away from him. "A-And thank you for this opportunity. Thank you so much." David said and he ends the call. "What did they say?" Jesse asks David who looks at her. "They said yes." David said to her before Jesse can say anything David hugs her. "They said yes!" David yelled hugging Jesse who laughs a little. "I'm so happy for you." Andrew said to him starting to get mad. "Thanks." David said to him and David look at Jesse giving her a nod. "Andrew..." Jesse said making Andrew look at her with a smile. "You know, about this weekend, we both said some things we regret. Can we put it behind us? Just be friends?" Jesse asks him making Andrew look at David. "Andrew." Jesse said making Andrew look at her. "I don't regret anything I said. I still love you, Jesse." Andrew said to her making David roll his eyes. "I'm gonna going to take a shower." Jesse said to the two and she walks to the bathroom. A mad look crosses Andrew's face as he approaches David. "You turn her against me." Andrew said to him making David give him a look. "She needs some space away from you." David said to him making Andrew get in David's face. "I love her and no one comes between us or they will pay." Andrew said to him and he walks away from David. 

Sometime later, Jesse exits the bathroom and she sees Andrew with Prints. "You're taking Prints for a walk?" Jesse asks him as Andrew walks up to her with the dog. "Yeah." Andrew said stopping in front of Jesse, he tries to kiss her but Jesse moves away from him. Andrew controls his anger not wanting to hit her so he just walk away from her. Jesse walks into her room to put something on. "What you doing, Prints?" Jesse hears David as she puts on her shorts and shirt then she leaves the room and sees Andrew with David. "Andrew, you're not taking Prints for a walk?" Jesse asks him making Andrew look at her as the door starts buzzing. "Who's that?" David asks Andrew while Jesse pats Prints. "Jeff." Andrew answers him making Jesse look at him. "You guys are going out?" David asks him while Jesse sits down on the floor. "He's coming up." Andrew said to him. "I'm working." David said to him while Jesse stands up and she walks the kitchen. "It won't take long." Andrew said to him as Jesse drinks some water. "Could you get the door?" Andrew asks them making Jesse and David look at him. "Well, Jeff is very hostile at the moment. I don't want to have to get into an argument with him in the doorway." Andrew said to the two making Jesse give Andrew a look. "I don't have time for this." David said to himself as he walks over to Jesse taking her hand and the two walked to the door. "It'll give the two of you a chance to turn the love of my life against me." Andrew said making the two look at him. "What did you just say?" David asks him while Jesse opens the door. "When you bring him up, it'll give you a chance...turn the love of my life against me some more." Andrew said to him making Jesse look at him. Andrew looks at Jesse who gets pushed out and he shuts the door.

David and Jesse exit the elevator and they see Jeff standing outside. David walks over to the door while Jesse stands by the elevator. David lets Jeff in and the two walk over to Jesse. "Hey." Jeff said to Jesse giving her a hug. "Hey." Jesse said as the three enter the elevator then Jeff kisses Jesse's cheek. "How's he?" Jeff asks Jesse who looks at him. "He asked me to marry him." Jesse said to him making Jeff shocked to hear that. "Are you serious?" Jeff asks her. "Yep." David said to him. "Said I was the lady of his dreams. His last chance of happiness." Jesse said to them while thinking about Andrew. "How'd you get out of it?" Jeff asks her making Jesse thinks about an answer. "I said no." Jesse said to them as the elevator's doors opened. "You can't feel sorry for him." Jeff said to her as the three left the elevator. "Why not? I have been with him for a long time before I kiss you." Jesse said to him as the three walked down the hallway. "I never want to see him again." Jeff said to them making David look at him. "He took something from my apartment." Jeff said to him. "Yeah? What'd he take?" David asks him while Jesse starts playing with her hands. "My gun." Jeff said to them making Jesse look at him.

The three enter the apartment and Jesse sees Prints in his cage. "Prints, buddy." Jesse said as she walks over to the dog not seeing Andrew standing by the door. "Andrew!" David yelled as he walks over to Jesse to help her with the cage. Jesse hears the door shut and she turns to see Andrew beating Jeff with a hammer. David stands in front of Jesse while Andrew stabs Jeff's head with the hammer. When Andrew was done he looks over at Jesse and David. Andrew takes out a handcuff and walks over to the two. "Get away from her." Andrew said to David taking ahold of David's arm pulling him away from Jesse and he cuffs David to the table. Andrew then looks at Jesse who was watching him. Andrew smiles at her and he walks over to Jesse. "Hey." Andrew said to her as he knees down to her while putting the hammer down. His sadness is heightened when he sees Jesse crying. "No, no, it's-it's okay." Andrew said pulling her in his arms and Jesse only now see the blood on Andrew. "Andrew..." Jesse said to him through her tears. "It's all gonna be okay, I promise." Andrew said to her and he kisses Jesse's cheek. Andrew then picks up Jesse and he takes Jesse to her room while turning off the lights leaving David in the dark.

Andrew opens the door to Jesse's room and he puts Jesse on the bed. Jesse watches Andrew close the door and he locks it then he puts down the hammer. Andrew takes off his clothes that had Jeff's blood on them while Jesse lays down on the bed. Jesse hugs her legs as Andrew turns off the lights then he lays down next to her. Jesse feels Andrew's hands go around her and Andrew pulls her into his chest. "I did this for you." Jesse hears Andrew talk to her while he plays with Jesse's hair. "They were pulling you away from me and I can't lose you." Andrew said to her making Jesse lay down on her back and she looks at Andrew. "I did it for love." Andrew said to her making Jesse touch Andrew's face making him close his eyes at Jesse's touch. Andrew opens his eyes and he leans down to kiss her but this time Jesse doesn't move away from him. The two share a kiss and they feel like fireworks were going off after a few minutes the two pull away. "I love you, Jesse." Andrew said to her with a smile while Jesse plays with Andrew's hair. "Do you still love me?" Andrew asks her making Jesse think about an answer, she never stops loving Andrew but it was a mistake to leave Andrew for Jeff, Andrew lost control. "I still love you, Andrew. I just wanted some time away from you." Jesse said to him as she sits up on the bed. "I'm sorry if I don't give your space." Andrew said as he sits up then he put his arm around Jesse. "I promise if you need some space I will give it to you." Andrew said to her making Jesse smile at him. "Okay, I can work with that promise." Jesse said to him making Andrew smile and he hugs Jesse making her laugh.