Too Human

1996

In La Jolla, CA

Jesse wakes up in the room in bed and she sees Andrew was not in bed only a note. Jesse picks it up and she reads it.

My dear Jesse

Please accept my apologies for not being right next to you. At the moment, I am in Los Angeles working on something for you. I've bought you a plane ticket to Los Angeles so that we can spend the weekend together. 

I will see you soon

"What the hell?" Jesse asks herself while thinking about how is Andrew getting the money for all this. 

In Los Angeles

Andrew arrives at one of the best hotels in Los Angeles for his night with Jesse. "Welcome, sir." A worker said to Andrew as he follows her into the hotel to the room he asked for. Andrew enters the room to see that the downstairs was big to have a party in. Andrew runs up the stairs and he sees that there was a balcony. "Will that be all, sir?" The work asks him making Andrew look down from upstairs. "No. I need flowers...and a car. Can I charge those to my card?" Andrew asks her. "Of course. What kind of car?" She asks him making Andrew smile at her.

In La Jolla, CA

At The Airport

Jesse walks to the front desk with her ticket in hand. "Am I late?" Jesse asks the worker who glances at her. "Just in time." she told her as she took her ticket. "Great." Jesse said to herself. "It looks like you're in first class." She remarked to Jesse, who stared at her. "What?" Jesse asks her making the worker look at her. "Whoever did this for you loves you very much." She said to her with a smile while Jesse made a face at her.

In Los Angeles

Andrew was in the room making sure everything was in place for his and Jesse's weekend together. Andrew hears the phone ring making him answer it. "Hello?" Andrew said then the person on the other way talked to him. "Yes, send her up. And can you please tell her to go up to the balcony? Thank you." Andrew said to the worker and he ends the call then Andrew walks to the balcony. Sometime later, Jesse enters the room to see it was so big for two people. Jesse walks up the stairs and she sees Andrew on the balcony fixing himself. "Someone is looking very nice today." Jesse said making Andrew look at her with a smile. "How was the flight?" Andrew asks her while Jesse gets closer to him. "You didn't have to fly me, first class." Jesse said to him while Andrew takes hold of Jesse's arms. "I wasn't gonna put you in coach." Andrew said to her with a smile. "I've only ever flown coach before." Jesse said to him. "Then this must be something special." Andrew said to her making Jesse laugh a little. "How was work?" Jesse asks him knowing he will lie to her about working. "Done. I'm all done. Now I can just relax." Andrew said to her making Jesse give him a look. "What was it that you do again?" Jesse asks him. "I don't want to be one of those L.A. people that talks about movies and actors, but I will say, there's been a great deal of star interest." Andrew said to her making Jesse lean onto the balcony. "You're making a movie?" Jesse asks him. "Behind the scenes, there are people like me who deal with money, finances, funding, packaging, that sort of thing. It's...it's very dull. It's technical." Andrew said to her. "What...." Jesse said making Andrew cut her off by pulling Jesse closer to his chest. "How about you and I go shopping? Come on." Andrew said to her cutting off any other questions that Jesse has and he takes her inside. "I want you to dress like the lady you're going to be." Andrew said to her as the two walked into the living room. "Who's that?" Jesse asks him while Andrew gets Jesse some wine. "An American dream." Andrew said to her while he hands Jesse the wine. "Oh, yeah?" Jesse said to him then she drinks some of her wine. "The country's most beautiful lady." Andrew said to her getting close to Jesse. "I like this. Go on." Jesse said to him making Andrew smile at her. "Three whole pages with a glossy photograph of your beautiful face. With me by your side." Andrew said to her making Jesse smile at him then she looks away from Andrew. Andrew takes Jesse's wine from her and sits it down. Andrew then rests his head on Jesse's making her look at Andrew. Andrew slows and leans down giving Jesse a slow kiss, Jesse puts her arms around Andrew's neck which pulls her even closer to Andrew. After a few minutes, the two pull away and Andrew kisses Jesse's cheek a few times.