The Final Nail

On the next day

Jesse was getting morning sickness and Andrew was getting worried about her thinking she was sick. Jesse was in the living room laying on the sofa with the tv on.

"Now, Marilyn, you said to me earlier that you consider this perfume to be one of your finest creations to date."

Terry said on the tv as Andrew walks over to Jesse and hands her some water. "You feeling okay?" Andrew asks Jesse while rubbing her back. "Yeah." Jesse said to him with a smile. "I am going to call my dad and see if he can help us." Andrew said to her making Jesse look at him. "Is that even a good idea?" Jesse asks him. "It will be fine." Andrew said to her as he takes out a phone and calls his dad. After a few minutes, Modesto answers the call.

"Andrew? Andrew?"

Modesto calls Andrew making Jesse make a face, how did he know Andrew was calling him? Was he waiting for him to call? Jesse hears Andrew crying making her hug him.

"Don't cry. Please don't cry. Men don't cry, remember?" 

Modesto said to him while Jesse rubs Andrew's back. "Dad, I'm in trouble. And I need help. I need help. I need you to come get me." Andrew said to his dad while Jesse removes Andrew's tears. 

"I'll fly over right away. There might still be some outstanding charges against me, but...but so what? Huh? As soon as I put this phone down, I'll be on my way. Where are you?"

Modesto asks him. "I'm still in Miami. I'm in a houseboat with Jesse. On 54th Street and...Collins Avenue." Andrew said to him. 

"I'll be there. 24 hours. I'm coming. Do you hear me? I will find you, and I will hug you. And I will hold you in my arms. Like I used to. And it will all be okay."

Modesto said to Andrew making Jesse very suspicious of Andrew's dad. "You promise?" Andrew asks him with some hope in his voice. 

"I promise. Now, pack some clothes, stay out of sight, and wait for me. You be ready to leave as soon as I arrive. I'll be there soon."

Modesto said to Andrew and he ends the call. Jesse sees a smile on Andrew's face making her smile at him. "We will be free soon, Jess." Andrew said to her as he looks at Jesse. "We will be on a plane out of here." Andrew said to her with a smile. "Andrew, I have something to tell you." Jesse said to him. "What is it?" Andrew asks her. "I'm pregnant with your child." Jesse said to him making Andrew shocked. "You sure?" Andrew asks her. "I took a pregnancy test and it came back positive." Jesse said to him making Andrew smile at the news. "I'm going to be a dad." Andrew said to her making Jesse nod. Andrew gives Jesse a hug with a smile on his face then he kisses Jesse's cheek.

Later in the day, Andrew was putting his and Jesse's items in bags before his dad arrives to take them away. Jesse walks into the living room while Andrew walks out the door to see if his dad was there. Jesse turns on the news and she sees Andrew's dad talking to a newsman. 

"Do you believe your son is innocent?" The newsman asks Modesto. "Of course, he's innocent." Modesto said to him. "And the murders?" The newsman asks him. "You never saw my son? He was a...a perfect boy. The most special child I ever saw. The idea that he could be a killer makes me angry." Modesto said to the newsman.

Jesse gets mad at Modesto who just wanted to make money while Jesse was watching she did hear Andrew walk back into the house.

"Have you been in contact with Andrew?" The newsman asks him. "Yes. He phones me regularly." Modesto said to him. "Since the murders took place?" The newsman asks him. "Sure. Yes. Last night, he called me." Modesto said to him. "You know where he is?" The newsman asks him. "All I can say is that he's evaded the police again. He's far too clever for them. He's a genius. They'll never catch him." Modesto said to him. "What did you discuss?" The newsman asks him. "The movie rights to his life story. I'm acting as the broker, calling Hollywood from here in Manila. Andrew was very particular about the title." Modesto said to him with a smile. "Can you share it?" The newsman asks him. "A Name to Be Remembered By. Andrew made me promise. That had to be the title, no other. We're in, uh, early discussions with several studios." Modesto said to him. "But you can't travel because of the charges against you." The newsman said to him. "Those charges are bogus. But that's okay. I can make the..."

Modesto was cut off by Andrew shooting the bullet at the tv making Jesse turn to him. "Andrew..." Jesse calls him as she walks over to him. "He not coming." Andrew said to himself starting to cry as Jesse takes the gun from him. Andrew starts crying more making Jesse hug him.

Beating home the nail in the coffin of their relationship in Andrew and Modesto. Modesto, again, is only trying to make a buck.