Time To Run

April 27, 1997

Later that night, David gets out of the handcuffs and walks over to the phone not knowing Andrew was sitting in the dark. "I'll call them if you want me to." Andrew said turning on the light, making David look at him. "You haven't called." David said to him as Andrew looks at him. "I've been worrying." Andrew said to him. "Give me the phone." David said to him. "About you and Jesse." Andrew said to him. "Give me the phone." David said again to Andrew. "What will happen to you two? I'll tell them you two had nothing to do with it." Andrew said as he holds the phone. "Andrew..." David said to him making Andrew look at him. "I can't let my lover go to jail." Andrew said to him. "Give me the phone." David said to him as Jesse walks out of her room. "This is your apartment. You brought Jeff up. Y-You opened the door. You let him in..." Andrew said to him making David cut him off. "Just give me the phone!" David yelled at him making Andrew think about it. Andrew walks over to David and hands him the phone then he sees Jesse. "I'll get 30 years. But you will get ten." Andrew said to them making Jesse walk over to Andrew. "And...And I-I just...I can't, uh...I can't allow that to happen, David." Andrew said taking out his gun and he puts his arm around Jesse. "This wasn't your fault." Andrew said to him while Jesse leans onto Andrew. "And I can't just allow...you to go to jail. I-I can't allow this to...destroy your life." Andrew said to him and he looks down at Jesse. "There is no way I can allow my lover to go to jail, they will eat her up." Andrew said to him and he kisses Jesse's cheek then he looks at David. "I can't allow that. I can't." Andrew said to him making David end the call. Andrew puts the gun away then he takes the phone from David. Toward the end of the night, David was in his room thinking as Jesse and Andrew enter his room. David sees that Andrew had a few items as the two sit down on David's bed. "When the police open the door, they'll see two suspects, not two victims." Andrew said to David while Jesse watches David. " I had nothing to do with this." David said to them. "They won't believe you." Jesse said to him making David look at her. "You'll tell them." David said to her. "They won't listen to her." Andrew said to him making David shake his head. "I'm not a killer. I-I need to-to call my dad. Need to ask him what to do. I-I need to talk to my dad." David said to himself making Jesse and Andrew look at each other. "If you talk to your dad, he'll have to turn you in. Or he'll be committing a crime." Andrew said to him. "He would never turn you in--you know that. You can't put him in that position." Jesse said to him making David stand up. "Andrew, I'm gonna leave, okay?" David said to him as he walks over to the door making Andrew follow him. "I'm gonna leave." David said to him as he stands in front of David. "You can. You can. Once you've thought this through." Andrew said to him making David look at the door and then back at Andrew. "I want to leave." David said to him making Jesse walk over to David. "Once you've thought it through." Jesse said to him making David look at her. David slaps Jesse in the face making Andrew punch David in the face, making him fall down. "Now..." Andrew said to him as he kicks David in the gut. "That's something you shouldn't do." Andrew said to him then he kicks David one more time. Andrew walks over to Jesse and he looks at Jesse's face to see it was all fine. "You are lucky she doesn't have a cut on her." Andrew said to him as he helps Jesse up.

When it's early in the morning, David wakes up and looks over at Jesse and Andrew who were sleeping. David turns around then he turns back to see Andrew was awake now. "Were you going to leave us?" Andrew asks him, waking up Jesse. "No." David said to him making Andrew stand up. "You were going to leave us." Andrew said to him while Jesse rubs her eyes. "Prints needs a walk. He'll shit everywhere. He'll-he'll start barking. People will knock on the door." David said to him making Jesse stand up and she walks over to Andrew. "He's right." Jesse said to him making Andrew look down at her. "You were just going to walk the dog?" Andrew asks David who nods. "Yeah." David said to him then Andrew opens the door for David to leave. Jesse leaves the room to see David looking at Jeff's body. Andrew walks out and he sees the two looking at the body. Andrew walks over to the rug and pulls it to the body. Andrew looks at David and Jesse who was watching him. "Turn away." Andrew said to them making David look away from him then Andrew looks at Jesse. "You too, Jess." Andrew said to her making Jesse walk closer to him. "I have seen a dead body before." Jesse said to him making Andrew give her a smile. "I know, but that was a movies." Andrew said to her then he kissed Jesse's forehead before turning Jesse away. Jesse hears Andrew moving the body on the rug making her turn to see Andrew rolling the body on the rug. Andrew then moves the sofa to hide the body behind it, then Andrew tries to pull the rug but it was too much for him. Andrew looks at David while Jesse starts biting her nails. "David." Andrew said to him making David hand the dog leash to Jesse. Jesse watches the two men move the body behind the sofa then Andrew pushes the sofa in front of the rug to hide it. Jesse sits down by the table making Prints lay down in front of her while Andrew gets some paper towels and he starts cleaning the blood from the floor. David walks over to Jesse taking the leash from her and he walks over to the door. "Come." David said to Prints making Andrew look at him. "We will come with you." Andrew said to him making David look at him. "Uh, y-you don't have to." David said to him while Andrew cleans his hands. "You don't want us to come?" Andrew asks him with a smile. "If-if you're tired, you should s-stay." David said to him trying to get Andrew to let him leave. "Do you want to walk him without us?" Andrew asks David while he puts his arm around Jesse's shoulder. "No. No." David said to him making Andrew smile at him. "Yes." Andrew said to him as he walks over to David. "No, I... yes, I-I think...I think you want to walk him without us." Andrew said to him. "I-I-I...I thought you were tired." David said to him making Andrew mad. "Do I seem tired?" Andrew asks him a little louder making Jesse walk over to them. "Let's walk the dog." Jesse said to them with a smile making David look at her. "You can't go out like that." David said to her making Andrew look at Jesse. Jesse was wearing shorts and one of Andrew's shirts that were too long for her that covered a bit of the short. Andrew looks at David while putting his arm around Jesse. "Are you saying my girl is ugly?" Andrew asks David who nods no. "Good, then she is leaving like this." Andrew said to him and the three leave to walk Prints.

The three enter the elevator with the dog, Jesse presses a button then Andrew puts his arms around Jesse pulling her into his chest. The door closes but someone stops it with their hand opening it again. "Morning, David." She said and the three see it was Karen. "Hi, Karen." David said to her as Karen looks at Jesse and Andrew. "Morning, Jesse." Karen said to her with a smile. "Morning." Jesse said to her as Karen looks at Andrew.  "Who is this?" Karen asks her making Jesse look at Andrew. "This is Andrew." Jesse said to her with a smile. "Brother of yours?" Karen asks her before Jesse can answer her Andrew answers. "I am her boyfriend." Andrew said to her and he kisses Jesse's cheek. "I thought David said Jesse break up with her boyfriend." Karen said to them while David sees Andrew's gun. "We get back together." Andrew said to her with a smile. "That's really nice." Karen said to them as Prints starts whining. "Oh, someone's not having fun on the elevator today." Karen said to the dog. "No. Guess not." David said to her as the elevator's doors opened. "Have a nice day, Karen." David said to her making Karen nod. "You, too." Jesse said to her as Karen walks away. The three walk out of the elevator and David stands in front of Andrew. "Are you gonna hurt anyone else?" David asks Andrew making Jesse look at the two. "No." Andrew said to him while Jesse walks over to Andrew's side. "I need you to promise me." David said to him making Jesse look at Andrew. "I promise you...no one else will get hurt, as long as you're by my side." Andrew said to him with a smile and the three walked out of the building. Outside, the three were walking down the streets with Jesse holding the leash. Andrew watches Jesse buying herself some ice cream then she starts eating it making Andrew smile. "Well, I was thinking, maybe I could pretend that I wasn't home last night. I went out, and...I'm returning for the first time. I didn't see anything." David said to Andrew who looks at him. "And when...when the police arrive, I'll tell them, uh...I don't know what happened. You and Jesse will be long gone." David said to Andrew as Jesse walks over them. "On our own?" Andrew asks him as he looks at Jesse. Andrew puts his arm around Jesse and he kisses Jesse's cheek. "Let's go back." David said to them and the three turned back to the building while Andrew eats some of Jesse's ice cream.

Back At David Madson's Loft

Jesse was watching Andrew puts some things in his bag that the two share. The three were going to leave the city today and go somewhere else. Andrew looks at Jesse giving her a wink making Jesse smile a little. Then were was a knock on the door making the three look at the door. "David?" The three hear from the other side making Prints bark. Andrew sees David walking over to the door making Andrew grab David's arm. "You want to be in here when they open that door? When they scream?" Andrew whispers to David making Jesse walk over to them. "We need to leave now then." Jesse said to them as the knocking stopped.