Andrew's Party

1996

One Year Before The Murders Of

Jeff Trail

David Madson

Lee Miglin

William Reese

Gianni Versace

La Jolla, CA

Andrew Cunanan is living the good life with his girlfriend Jesse Fox. He shops at Saks Fifth Avenue, he goes home to a luxurious house and drives a beautiful car. Andrew even strips bare naked and swims in the pool outside. But nothing is ever so plain with Andrew. His life is one lie built atop one embellishment on top of many more of both. 

It's a Mountain.

We're a year prior to the murders of Jeff Trail, David Madson, Lee Miglin, poor William Reese, and finally Gianni Versace. What a trail of carnage in the wake of Mr. Cunanan's violent journey.

It's Andrew's birthday, and Jesse has been planning the party at the place where the two are staying with an older friend Norman. Andrew walks down the hallways wearing a suit and he sees Jesse wearing a black dress working with Norman who was putting up the 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDREW!' sign. "What do you think?" Norman asks Jesse who looks at it. "Oh, it's perfect." Andrew said to them making Jesse look at him. "Well, birthday boy. It's not perfect." Jesse said to him making Andrew give her a look. "It needs to scream Andrew and this doesn't." Jesse said to him and she walks over to the ladder. "Get off old man." Jesse said to him making Norman walk down the ladder. Jesse climbs it making Andrew walk over to it. "Maybe black was the wrong color." Jesse said to herself while Andrew holds onto the ladder and then he shakes it. Jesse holds onto the ladder and she looks at Andrew. "Be careful." Andrew said to her making Jesse climb down the ladder. "I will show you careful." Jesse said to Andrew while she takes off her shoes. "Hey, you can't hurt me. I am the birthday boy." Andrew said to her making Jesse throw her shoes at Andrew. "Birthday boy or not." Jesse said to him as she turns to Norman making Andrew walk up from behind her and he hugs Jesse. "I love you." Andrew said to her making Jesse look at him. "I love you too, Andrew." Jesse said to him and the two share a quick kiss. "Happy birthday!" The three hear Gallo who was walking over to them. "Welcome." Norman said to him while Andrew holds Jesse. "Oh. David, come on in. It must be at least ten minutes - since you've had a drink." Jesse said to Gallo with a smile. "Oh, what a relief. I was worried we were gonna have to get along." Gallo said to them with a smile. "After you." Andrew said to him, the group walks to the bar while Andrew was holding Jesse's hand. "I hope you don't mind I invited a few of my friends." Norman said to Andrew making Jesse look at him. "Oh, no, not at all. You know I love your friends." Andrew said to him with a smile. "Yes, it's been noticed." Gallo said to him while Jesse ran her fingers through her hair. "Babe, what's wrong?" Andrew asks her making Jesse look at him. "Do we have enough food for everyone? I mean there will be a lot of people what if we run out? We are going to start eating each other." Jesse said to them making Andrew laugh a little. "Some girl you have there." Gallo said to Andrew who looks at him as the group stops by a table. "She planned everything and she hasn't slept in two days." Andrew said to him while he puts his arm around Jesse. "Everything will be fine." Andrew said to her while Jesse holds onto Andrew's jacket. "I might have preferred to have two parties, though... one for my friends and one for yours." Andrew said to Gallo looking at the guy. "Only the Queen of England has two parties. I'm afraid you're not that sort of queen." Gallo said to him making Andrew smile at him. "Oh, Gallo, you're like a jukebox of bitchy hits. And we have a queen, it's Jesse." Andrew said to him with a smile then he kisses Jesse's cheek. "Happy birthday, shmoo!" The group hears someone yell making them turn to see Elizabeth or Lizzie. "Hi!" Andrew yelled running over to her while Jesse walks. "Thank you for coming, Lizzie." Jesse said to Lizzie who looks at her. "Come here, Beautiful." Lizzie said making Jesse walk over to her and the two girls share a hug. Currently, Jesse, Andrew, and Lizzie were sitting outside talking at a table. "Jesse this party is amazing." Lizzie said to her making Jesse look around. "What?" Lizzie asks her making Jesse stand up. "Not the word I was looking for." Jesse said to herself and she walks away from the table. Andrew and Lizzie look at each other and the two starts laughing. "She did this last year too." Lizzie said to Andrew who nods. "The lady of my dreams." Andrew said to her making Lizzie smile at him. "I-I can't lose her. I-I can't, I just can't." Andrew said to Lizzie who nods. "Hey, you've got it bad for her." Lizzie said to Andrew as she drank. "She's a house. She's a, she's a home. she's a yard and a family and...picking kids up from school. She's..." Andrew said and he sighs then he looks at Jesse who was talking to Norman. "She's a future. And up until now, I've only dated the past." Andrew said to Lizzie. "Who are you trying to be?" Lizzie asks him making Andrew think about it. "Someone she can love." Andrew said to her while Jesse walks inside the building.