Walls Are Crumbling

1987

San Diego, California

In this chapter, Jesse and Andrew are Teenagers.

At Bishop

Jesse arrives at the school while reading until she hears a car honk at her. Jesse turns to see it was Andrew who waves at her. "Oh, god." Jesse said to herself as Andrew pranked his car. Andrew exits the car and walks over to Jesse. "You are already walking around with an attitude and ego bigger than the fucking moon." Jesse said to him making Andrew laugh a little. "I know you love it." Andrew said to her while he puts his arm around Jesse. "Yeah, whatever." Jesse said to him while hitting Andrew's chest. "Babe." The two hear someone making the two turn to see a teen boy walking over to them. "Andrew, what did I tell you about holding my girl?" He asks Andrew who gives him a look. "Liam, it's fine." Jesse said to him while she removes Andrew's arm from her. "Come." Liam said to Jesse taking her hand and he pulls Jesse away from Andrew. 

Andrew watches the two walk away from and he can see Liam fighting with Jesse. Andrew started falling in love with his friend but the world had to have Liam come into the picture and take her away from him.

Later, Andrew was waiting in line with Jesse to take the yearbook picture. "What are we? Are we sheep?" Andrew asks everyone making Jesse look at him. "We all have to do the same thing? Stand the same way? Smile the same smile? Where's our sense of rebellion?" Andrew asks them making Jesse laugh a little. "Shut up!" Liam yelled at him making Jesse look at him. "He is being different." Jesse said to him and she walks over to the front to take her picture. "She right, I am different." Andrew said to himself as he walks to the front as Jesse was done with her picture. Andrew takes off his jacket and hands it to Jesse who gives him a funny look. Andrew unbuttoned his shirt and looks at Jesse. "You like what you see?" Andrew asks her making Jesse laugh a little. Andrew stands in front of the photographer with Jesse watching him. "Take a photograph, my good man." Andrew said to him with a smile. "Oh, god Andrew." Jesse said to herself while laughing.

Her relationship with Andrew has been going on for a long time, and she is not bothered by the fact that he is with her. It is not uncommon for them to share some cute moments that almost lead to a kiss. In addition, Liam did not like Andrew being in Jesse's presence because of the way he feels about Jesse.

After School

At Andrew's House

Andrew was in the kitchen reading a book. "So...When do I get to meet this special lady?" Mary asks Andrew who looks at her. "I'm not a fool." Mary said to him. "The girl I like is Jesse but she has a boyfriend and I wanted to hold her in my arms and away from him." Andrew said to her. "Oh, well give it time then she will see you and not him." Mary said to Andrew who looks away from her.

At Liz's House

Jesse's Dress